Well, well, well, what have we here? Oogie Boogie cupcakes!
This spooky treat is perfect for the Halloween season! And a good activity to do with your family. Take a look at the super easy recipe from Disney Family:
- Batch of chocolate cupcakes
- Cupcake frosting tinted “monster” green
- Plastic decorating bag for piping frosting
- Kitchen scissors
- Black licorice
- Frost the cupcakes with a thin layer of frosting.
- Place a half marshmallow on the center of each frosted cupcake.
- Cut off the tip of the plastic decorating bag so that the opening is about 3/4 inc wide. Then fill the bag with green frosting (not too full or the frosting will come out the top when your squeeze it).
- Working with one cupcake at a time, pipe frosting around the base of the marshmallow and then up and over it, moving toward the center and ending with a large peak.
- Smooth the surface of the frosting with a butter knife, periodically dipping the tip of the knife in water so the icing will be easier to spread. It doesn’t have to be perfect, it will look more like Oogie Bookie with a few lumps and wrinkles.
- Snip a pair of narrow licorice eyes and a wide licorice mouth for each cupcake. Use the tip of a toothpick to gently press the candy pieces into the frosting face, angling the eyes a bit to resemble Oogie Boogie’s.
Credit: Disney Family
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- These Spooky Oogie Boogie Jello Shots Are The Perfect Boozy Treat! - September 3, 2021
- Delicious Pumpkin Milkshake From Disney’s Wilderness Lodge To Enjoy This Fall! - September 2, 2021
- Disney & Dole Honor Girl Scout Hawaii Winner For Her Courage And Kindness! - September 2, 2021