Last week we shared the news that the Train Station in the Magic Kingdom put up a scrim while Disney started work refurbishing the station.
Many guests were upset that the beautiful photo they take upon entering the park had a scrim in it now.
Here is a better look at it from last week:
This morning Disney put up an overlay to make the refurbishment a little more appealing.
Now you barely notice the scrim over the train station in the Magic Kingdom… lol
We are being told that they are redoing the brickwork, fixing the grout, laying new concrete floors, and a basic overhaul since the train station while the train is not in use right now.
Disney plans on adding a 2nd overlay to the top, above the Magic Kingdom sign in the next day or so. The Magic Kingdom train station has been out of commission for going on 2 years now.
We hope they will have the work complete ahead of the 50th Anniversary coming in 2021.
Recently Disney completed the work on the archway welcoming guests to Walt Disney World. To check it out just click here.
Let’s take a look at some of the other projects Disney World is working on around the Magic Kingdom, hopefully, they will all be complete before the 50th anniversary…
- Construction continues for Rivers of America in the Magic Kingdom
- Tron Lightcycle Run Construction Update
- Construction Walls go up around It’s A Small World in the Magic Kingdom
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Bob Chapek, Josh D’Amaro, DCappella, and more to attend Destination D23 2021 at Walt Disney World - July 26, 2021
- Disney World is hosting an online hiring event with $1,000 sign-on bonuses - July 26, 2021
- Orange County Florida has seen a huge spike in COVID cases leaders urge Face Masks to return - July 26, 2021