Halloween may be 6 months away but that does not mean that we can’t think about it, right? Disneyland Resort will be introducing a new event to guests this Halloween season. Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party will take place at Disney California Adventure park. This is a separately ticketed event that will include multiple new experiences perfect for the entire family.
Just what is included in this new event? Well, here are some of the highlights announced:
- “Villainous!” – The new “World of Color” show weaves a Halloween tale about a young girl named Shelley Marie. This twisted tale carries Shelley on an unforgettable journey, exploring the villainous side of Disney characters through fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects. “Villainous!” shows that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – Transformed into a wondrous and ethereal world of Disney villains unlike anything seen before, Redwood Creek will be tricked out in a dreamlike environment. This new experience unfolds in a series of scenes, each creating a hauntingly beautiful dream-space of color, sound, light and shadows, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.
- Immersive Treat Trails– Enjoy trick-or-treating at the new, wonderfully wicked treat trails throughout the park. Iconic characters such as Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” or even Oogie Boogie himself will surprise and delight. Additional treat trails will feature oversized cauldrons full of treats for all guests to enjoy.
- DescenDance – A new pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land is inspired by the popular “Descendants” franchise from the Disney Channel. As the DescenDance begins, a spell is cast, summoning the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost to throw down and lead everyone in moves that are set to the biggest hit songs from the “Descendants” films.
- “Frightfully Fun Parade”– The guest-favorite parade is coming to Disney California Adventure park for the first time! The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow starts the procession, followed by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who lead the cavalcade of characters and many mischievous Disney villains who are ready to stir up some trouble along the parade route.
- Mickey’s Trick and Treat show – Perfect for young guests, this new, interactive stage production invites kids of all ages to join Mickey Mouse and his pals as they throw a one-of-a-kind Halloween party! Enjoy dancing, not-so-frightening scary-tales, and candy at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land.
- Character encounters– Meet beloved Disney characters – and villains, too. You may be surprised at who you discover at this Halloween party, ready for photos and greetings!
Tickets will be going on sale in a tiered system. On April 23, Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa card holders will be able to purchase their special event tickets. The tickets go on sale to the general public beginning on April 30. The Oogie Boogie Bash will take place on the following dates during the 2019 season:
- September: 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 29
- October: 1, 3, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29, 31
The Oogie Boogie Bash begins at 6 P.M. (PT) and party goers will have the ability to enter Disney California Adventure park early prior to the party. Guests will be able to enter the park three hours prior on Tuesday and Thursday nights (excluding October 29 and October 31) or four hours on Sunday nights, plus October 29 and October 31.
Tickets may be purchased HERE or by filling out the form below.
Source: Disney Parks Blog
Are you ready to start planning your next adventure? As a travel planner with Key to the World Travel (an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner) I would love to help you! Key to the World Travel is a full-service travel agency. I personally specialize in Disney Destinations and am a Certified Sandals Specialist. No matter where your dreams may take you – Walt Disney World Resort, a Disney Cruise Line cruise, Universal Orlando, an all-inclusive stay at one of the Sandals & Beaches Resorts in the Caribbean, or somewhere else entirely – I can help you! My planning services are FREE with booking. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Facebook so we can get started on planning your next vacation!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.