A few days ago we brought you one of the first guest sightings of the recently announced Minnie Vans at the Boardwalk Inn. Everyone was so excited to see it and had so many questions that I thought a second article was in order giving you all the information we have learned so far about the program.
The Minnie Van Service is a new personal point-to-point ride service designed to take guests around the Walt Disney World Resort property. The internal bus system that Disney provides only takes guests from the resorts to the parks or to Disney Springs and then back again. There is currently not a direct way (provided by Disney) for guests to travel from one resort to another. Until now…
The Minnie Van service is currently in soft opening this week. After that, the Minnie Vans will be available through Lyft, a ride sharing service utilized through an app on your phone (available for both iOS and Android phones). When guests open the Lyft app from anywhere in the Walt Disney World Resort the Minnie Van Service is unlocked. A cast member at the Bell Services desk of the resort can help guests get started with the app if they are unfamiliar. The Lyft app will allow guests to request a ride from their smartphone and pay directly through the app.
***We have heard through the grapevine that while the Minnie Van Service is in soft opening, rides are being offered complimentary for the week. But we haven’t officially confirmed this yet.
Other Details We Have Learned
- The drivers are Walt Disney World Cast Members
- Guests of Disney’s BoardWalk and Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts are the first to try out this pilot program.
- The Minnie Van is actually not a van at all but a Chevrolet Traverse mid-sized SUV which can seat up to 7 or 8 passengers (including the driver) across 3 rows.
- The service costs a $20 flat fee per one-way trip. As with most things, this amount is subject to change.
- Currently the hours of operation are 6:30 am until 12:30 am
- Two car seats are in each vehicle for use
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still fantastic 2017 Summer and Fall packages to be had. Click here or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Source Credit: Disney
Latest posts by Sarah Phillips (see all)
- October Events At Paddlefish and Terralina Crafted Italian - September 25, 2018
- Pumpkin Cupcake Rolls In To Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - September 24, 2018
- Disneyland Paris offers New Disney Parking+ Option - September 24, 2018