There’s a new interactive series from Walt Disney Imagineering– ‘Imagine from Home!’ This new series can be streamed on ABC Owned Television Station apps and it features Imagineers taking viewers through fun ways to bring Disney magic home!
There are five different episodes with all sorts of Disney Parks-inspired DIYs, some being easier to recreate than others:
- Draw Your Castle with Imagineer Amy Young – Viewers learn to draw iconic Disney Castles with one of Imagineering’s principal interior designers. A co-creator of Disney Paper Parks, which allows guests to bring the magic of Disney Parks to their homes by constructing Disney attractions, lands and other locations out of paper, Amy enjoyed hosting this drawing tutorial because she is able to be with the audience during the whole drawing process.
- Build Your R2 Droid with Imagineer Matthew Jamieson Abiva – Matthew demonstrates how to transform common household items, like soap dispensers and corks, into an R2 droid. He is happy to show you the process because it symbolizes what Imagineers do – use imagination and creativity to develop a design!
- Draw Your Big Thunder Mountain Railroad with Imagineer Reid Ekman – From the overall scene to the tiniest of details, learn step-by-step how to create Big Thunder Mountain Railroad with concept designer, Reid, who often creates models out of paper and clay.
- Make Your Castle Night Light with former Imagineer Elisabeth Papadopoulos –Learn to use simple household items to create a castle night light with Elisabeth, who has worked as a producer and production designer at Walt Disney Imagineering. In her previous role as liaison between creative and concept development teams and design and production disciplines, she has organized and overseen the design and fabrication of many show elements including scenery, props, graphics, special effects, Audio-Animatronics figures, media, and more.
- Make Your Small World Animated Scene with Imagineer Xiao Qing Chen – Follow along step-by-step to learn how to turn cardboard into an animated scene, inspired by the beloved “it’s a small world” attraction. Xiao Qing describes her Imagineering designs as collaboration tools to move projects forward; most recently she has been working on the Fantasy Springs expansion at Tokyo DisneySea and EPCOT’s Journey of Water.
Start streaming now by clicking HERE!
Will you be trying out any of these Disney Imagineer DIYs in the new ‘Imagine from Home’ video series? Let us know in the comments!
To learn more about the most recent Disney news, check out these articles below…
- Disneyland is expected to be closed until at least late March or early April
- Celebrate The Lunar New Year With This Recipe From Hong Kong Disneyland!
- First Look At The New 2021 Disney Fairytale Wedding Dress Collection!
Check back here on Chip & Co. for the latest theme park and entertainment news updates!
Source & photo credit: Disney Parks Blog.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Check Out the New Captains Sing Along Brunch at The BOATHOUSE in Disney Springs - February 22, 2021
- New Parental Controls Coming to Disney+ - February 22, 2021
- New Spaceship Earth Lighting Details Just Revealed - February 22, 2021