If you are an avid cruiser, then you may have heard of some major changes coming to many cruise lines fleet of ships. Bigger and better ships are expected to hit the seas this year, which make 2016 a great time to go on a cruise, especially if it’s your first time too! Here’s a rundown of what’s going to be coming from the top cruise lines in 2016:
Holland America– April
- Konigsdam will feature solo traveler and family cabins, in addition to a farm-to-table dinner in its Culinary Arts Center. This ship will be sailing from Fort Lauderdale to the Caribbean!
Royal Caribbean International– April
- Ovation of the Seas, part of the Quantum class ship, has been designed with the Asian market in mind and will feature bumper cars, skydiving and 270 degree views- all at sea! Set sail from England, China, United Arab Emirates, Spain, Singapore or Australia on this spectacular ship to exotic destinations!
Viking Ocean Cruises– April
- The river cruising household name will be launching its second ship named the Viking Sea. It will feature a hands-on cooking experience called the Kitchen Table and FREE shore excursions! Explore the Mediterranean, Europe and Scandinavia on this majestic ship!
Carnival Cruise Line– May
- The Carnival Vista will be taking her maiden voyage! This ship is the largest in Carnival’s fleet and the first in the new Vista class of ships. Onboard you will find the first IMAX theater at sea and an on-board brewery. I’m super excited about this ship. It looks AWESOME! And it’s headed to the Mediterranean and Caribbean this spring! New York and Miami will be the US homeports with sailings to the Caribbean, while Greece, Spain and Italy are the homeports overseas.
Royal Caribbean International– June
- The second major ship launch from the cruise line is Harmony of the Seas, the largest ship in the fleet! 5,479 passengers will be able to enjoy an aqua park for kids- featuring a 10-story water slide! The Bionic Bar feature robotic cocktail making. This is definitely something you don’t want to miss! This ship will be featuring short cruises and week long cruises, leaving from ports in Fort Lauderdale, Italy, England and Spain.
Regent Seven Seas– July
- The Seven Seas Explorer will be the largest ship in the fleet. All cabins on-board will be suites and feature balconies. A Culinary Arts Kitchen can also be found on-board. This ship will be home docked in Miami, FL and feature itineraries for the most discerning cruiser!
- The Seabourn Encore also debuts as the largest ship in its fleet and will also feature all-suite cabins with a restaurant by French Laundry’s Thomas Keller. Aboard this ship, you can visit destinations throughout Arabia, India, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and the Mediterranean.
If all of this strikes up your curiosity and you are eager to learn more about any of these itineraries, then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to help you find the perfect itinerary aboard one of these amazing ships in 2016!