The wait is finally over! The NBA Experience is now open at Disney Springs. We were able to attend the NBA Experience Grand Opening and see firsthand all the interactive fun for ourselves. The grand opening celebration started the morning out with all the fanfare one might expect from Disney. Bob Iger and NBA Commissioner Adam Silver were on hand to open up this new experience for guests. NBA and WNBA players were also present during the opening. Of course, no event is complete without the approval of the big mouse himself, Mickey!
NBA All-Star Interview
Soon after the confetti cannons went off, we were treated to interviews with the basketball stars themselves! It was a lot of fun to learn what this experience meant to them. It also gave some insight into how important these opportunities will be to the fans. We also loved that we got to learn about their favorite Disney characters as well.
About NBA Experience
The NBA Experience itself is extremely family-friendly. Disney partnered directly with the NBA to create this unique and one of a kind area. There are two floors full of interactive games, photos, and more. In fact, there are thirteen options to choose from! No matter a person’s level of sportsmanship, there is a little something for everyone. Plus being inside, all the activities are year-round weather friendly. Tickets are $34 dollars before tax for an adult and $29 before tax for children (ages 3-9). The ticket price includes all of the activities. Guests can choose which activities they would like to do in any order they wish. Activities can also be returned to in order to try again! Guests also have a ton of personalization options available so they can represent their favorite team during their experience.
As previously mentioned the NBA Experience houses thirteen different activities. Each activity is unique and none should be missed!
- Dribble! Perfect your dribbling skills with an interactive coach who will lead you on a variety of routines
- Dunk! Get that picture perfect slam dunk with adjustable baskets and a camera ready to capture the moment
- Slingshot: As the name suggests you’ll use a giant slingshot to shoot balls into baskets of different heights making as many baskets as you can before the clock runs out
- Shoot! Have your chance in the spotlight with a roaring crowd as you make last-second shots
- Combine: Compare your leaping skills with those of the NBA and WNBA that mimics Combine drills
- Draft: A fun photo opportunity that mimics the acceptance of a basketball players draft acceptance
- Replay: A chance to make your own call after watching replay clips of real games
- Players: A mimic locker room where you can explore team rosters, scores, and highlights
- Champions: An opportunity to take photos with replica NBA Championship and MVP trophies
- “Game Time” A film about a young woman and her father and the impact a game has on them
- “Together” A film about an NBA superstar both on and off the court
- Arcade: A variety of fun games like the popular Pop-A-Shot and current NBA video games
- Trivia: Test your knowledge on both the NBA and WNBA during this multiplayer experience
Out of what we tried, Slingshot was certainly the most unique! It was a lot of fun to use a giant slingshot to aim the balls at the various hoops. We may not have made any baskets but we had fun trying!
We also loved that there was a wide variety of activities. If someone isn’t as athletic in the family there are still plenty of opportunities for them to get in on the fun!
As with many Disney attractions, the NBA experience does exit into its own merchandise store. We have previously covered this here. It’s important to know that guests can visit the merchandise store without a ticket to the NBA experience. So if you need to do some shopping for a basketball fan, this shop makes it incredibly easy to do so!
The NBA Experience is a really detailed and unique new experience! Whether you are a basketball fan or not, there really is something for everyone to try. Between the games, photos, and other activities we were entertained during our visit here. Plus the indoor venue has a huge benefit in the unpredictable Florida weather. Overall, we enjoyed our time at the NBA Experience Grand Opening!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Fall Into Fall With The Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwich At Disney’s Animal Kingdom - November 15, 2020
- If You Like Pina Coladas And Beer You Must Try This New Alcoholic Beverage In Epcot - October 15, 2020
- Flaming Pumpkin Jack-O-Lantern Magic Shot Returns To Magic Kingdom - September 20, 2020