Big news from Hong Kong Disneyland Resort (HKDL) as they have officially kicked off their multi-year transformation of the park. Guests will soon be able to experience new attractions and entertainment experiences that will bring Disney characters and stories to life in ways never seen before. In the six years starting from 2018, the resort will continue to grow and create more fun for guests with an array of new offerings. The first to open next year under this expansion project will be a Moana-themed entertainment venue in Adventureland.
“We are thrilled to create amazing first-of-a-kind experiences based on some of Disney’s best brands, including Marvel and Frozen, here at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort,” said Samuel Lau, executive vice president and managing director of the resort. “Marvel and Frozen are popular with guests across our Asian markets. The new expansion will greatly enhance the appeal of HKDL to guests of all ages and genders in the region. It will give guests new reasons to travel to the resort and this amazing city.”
Lau, along with Howard Brown, general manager and regional executive of Walt Disney Imagi-neering Asia, and Mickey Mouse joined in on a special moment to mark the beginning of work for the multi-year expansion—an incredible milestone for the resort, which has been continuously growing and adding fun new offerings since it opened in 2005. This special moment follows months of planning, design and contract awarding after the approval of funding for the expansion.
Building a new era of magic
Under the expansion plan, new themed areas, attractions and entertainment will launch almost every year from 2018 through 2023. Highlights include:
- A brand new experience featuring Ant-Man, The Wasp* and S.H.I.E.L.D. will be launched in Tomorrowland. The Marvel Super Heroes will depend on guests to fight against the evil organization Hydra. HKDL will continue to grow as Asia’s Marvel epicenter with the open-ing of an entire Marvel-themed area. With the tremendous success of Iron Man Experi-ence—now the most popular attraction in the park—and the current Marvel Super Hero Summer event, the resort has become the ultimate hub for exciting Marvel experiences in Asia.
- An all-new, immersive Frozen-themed area where guests will experience the characters and stories from the film in amazing ways. Guests can visit the Frozen area to enjoy new attractions including meeting the royal sisters Elsa and Anna.
- As the park’s centerpiece, the castle will be transformed to pay tribute to all of the Disney Princesses. The transformed castle will also feature a new daytime show and nighttime spectacular.
- A new, exciting entertainment venue will feature a lively atmosphere stage show in Ad-ventureland featuring Moana, the newest heroine from Walt Disney Animation Studios. Guests can also meet with Moana from the animated film.
The excitement continues
The resort is committed to constantly bringing in new attractions and entertainment offerings to create magical experiences for our guests. This latest expansion follows the addition of a number of amazing offerings in recent years based on the best Disney franchises, including a new stage show “Mickey and the Wondrous Book,” which opened in celebration of HKDL’s 10th anniversary in 2015, as well as the “Star Wars: Tomorrowland Takeover” in 2016.
In April, the resort opened an exploration-themed hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge, which is a unique offering for Hong Kong’s resort and tourism industry.
From now through October 31, HKDL is hosting its most wicked Halloween party ever! During Disney Halloween Time 2017, classic Disney stories are being told with new twists and turns, bringing unexpected surprises to all guests. There are different offerings throughout the park both day and night for guests of all ages.
From November 16 through January 1, 2018, guests can experience the most delightful Christ-mas celebration at HKDL. The park will be transformed into a winter wonderland where guests can experience a fairytale white Christmas, with offerings from day to night!
*The Wasp will debut in cinemas in the 2018 Ant-Man sequel, Ant-Man and The Wasp.
Are you ready to start planning your amazing Disney vacation? Our friends at MickeyTravels (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney) can help! Click Here for your FREE No Obligation Quote from one of their Authorized Disney Vacation Planners.
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still fantastic 2017 Summer and Fall packages to be had. Click here or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Latest posts by Sarah Phillips (see all)
- October Events At Paddlefish and Terralina Crafted Italian - September 25, 2018
- Pumpkin Cupcake Rolls In To Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - September 24, 2018
- Disneyland Paris offers New Disney Parking+ Option - September 24, 2018