Off to Neverland! It’s time to hold on to your happy thought and soar to past “the second star to the right and straight on till morning”. Disney will be debuting the Peter Pan Signature Collection tomorrow (June 5, 2018) on Blu-Ray as part of the Walt Disney Signature Collection. I just received my early copy and I’m loving experiencing this Disney classic movie with my kiddos! The epic Neverland adventure has thankfully remained the same BUT the Peter Pan Signature Collection also includes amazing special features that have never been released before that only add to the experience.
The new Peter Pan Signature Collection release is a must for die-hard Disney fans as it includes over two hours of classic bonus features plus never-before-seen extras, including the latest installment of “Stories from Walt’s Office,” which explores Walt’s love of flying and the company planes. I also loved watching the sweet reunion between Kathryn Beaumont (the voice of Wendy) and Paul Collins (the voice of John). The release also includes new karaoke-style versions of the classic songs “You Can Fly” and deleted song “Never Smile at a Crocodile” accompanied by on-screen lyrics and the film’s unforgettable animated characters.
“Peter Pan” is the seventh title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. The film takes its place alongside “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi,” “The Lion King” and “Lady and the Tramp.”
Here is the complete list of the Bonus Features included with the Peter Pan Signature Collection:
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL*:
- New Peter Pan Signature Collection Bonus
- Stories from Walt’s Office: Walt & Flight – “Think of the happiest things, it’s the same as having wings”. One thing you’ll notice inside Walt Disney’s office are all of the models and pictures of airplanes. Walt loved planes and was an aficionado of flying. As a continuation of the “Stories from Walt’s Office” series, we’ll soar into the world of one of Walt’s favorite pastimes and look at the history behind the company airplane he used to scout Central Florida looking for the perfect place to build his second theme park.
- A “Darling” Conversation with Wendy & John: Kathryn Beaumont and Paul Collins – Join Disney Legend Kathryn Beaumont (the voice of Wendy) and Paul Collins (the voice of John) as they reunite for the first time in many years to reminisce and discuss their experiences working on Peter Pan, meeting Walt Disney and learning to fly … literally.
- You Can Fly” – A new “Oke” rendition and graphic look of the classic Disney song, “You Can Fly,” with fun lyrics on screen and lots of your favorite “Peter Pan” characters.
- “Never Smile at a Crocodile” – A new “Oke” rendition and graphic look of the deleted song, “Never Smile at a Crocodile”, with fun lyrics on screen and highlighting the relationship between Captain Hook and Tick-Tock the Crocodile.
- Legacy/Classic Bonus
- Sing-along Version of the film: Sing along with your favorite songs from the movie.
- Growing Up with Nine Old Men – “Peter Pan” is both a story of living with a child’s sense of openness to the world and an acknowledgment that the path to adulthood most often leads away from those qualities. A parallel of sorts to that duality can be found in Walt Disney and his core group of animators, the Nine Old Men, in their lives and in their work. Our short film will look at who they were and the parts they played in one of the most remarkable team of artists that ever worked together.
- Deleted Song: “The Pirate’s Song” – Original demo recording of the song played over concept art.
- Deleted Song: “Never Smile at a Crocodile” – With music played over static concept art of the crocodile from Peter Pan.
- Deleted Song: “The Boatswain Song” – With music played over static concept art of Captain Hook and his crew.
- Deleted Scene: “The Journey Home” – A proposed alternate ending where Peter asks the Lost Boys to return home with Wendy and the other children.
- Deleted Scene: “Alternate Arrival” – A deleted scene where Wendy and the children are initially attacked by the Lost Boys because Tinker Bell tells them that Wendy is holding Peter captive. We also see in this version of the story that Nana the dog travels to Never Land with Wendy and the children.
- Disney Song Select – Simply play the clip from the movie with subtitles underneath it.
- “The Second Star to the Right”
- “You Can Fly”
- “A Pirate’s Life”
- “Following the Leader”
- “Your Mother and Mine”
- Audio Commentary Hosted by Roy Disney – Audio commentary hosted by Roy Disney, but carried on by several other people.
- Music and More
- ”Never Land”: The Lost Song – A bonus piece that sets up the backstory of where this lost song was found and how Richard Sherman recomposed it.
- Music Video: “Never Land” – Music Performed by Paige O’Hara – A music video of the song “Never Land”
- Music Video: “The Second Star to the Right” – Music Performed by T-Squad – A music video of the song “The Second Star to the Right” performed by T-Squad.
- Backstage Disney
- You Can Fly: The Making of ‘Peter Pan’ – A making-of video of the 1953 Disney classic, “Peter Pan.”
- In Walt’s Words: “Why I Made ‘Peter Pan’” – Based upon an article written by Walt Disney retold as a dramatic recreation.
- Tinker Bell: A Fairy’s Tale – An introspective video on the creation, history and personality of the one and only “Tink.”
- The Peter Pan That Almost Was – Hosted by Ron Clements and John Musker, we take a look at the storyboards and early concepts of a version of the “Peter Pan” film that never saw the light of day.
- The “Peter Pan” Story – An original featurette for the film created in 1952.
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
Product SKUs: Multi-screen Edition (Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy), Digital HD/SD, DVD
Feature Run Time: Approximately 77 minutes
Rating: G in U.S. and Canada; Bonus Material not rated
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
Audio: Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital, 1.0 English
Original Theatrical Mix
- DVD: English, Spanish, and French 5.1 Dolby Digital, 1.0 English Original Theatrical Mix
- Digital: English, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital, English, Spanish and French 2.0 Dolby Digital
- Subtitles: English SDH, French & Spanish
Closed Captions: English (DVD & Digital)
- Facebook: Facebook.com/PeterPan, Facebook.com/TinkerBell
- Website: Movies.Disney.com/Peter-Pan
- Instagram: Instagram.com/DisneyAnimation
- YouTube: YouTube.com/user/DisneyMovies
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? Click Here for your FREE No Obligation Quote (or fill out the form below) from a Certified Disney Travel Specialist from MickeyTravels, the official travel partner for Chip and Company.
Contact me today to start planning your magical Disney vacation. As an agent with MickeyTravels (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney), my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Find me on Facebook or feel free to email me with any Disney vacation questions at SPhillips@mickeytravels.com