They say music is universal, it brings the world together no matter what language you speak, that’s why Harmonious will bring a global ensemble of musical artists from around the world to Epcot!
This new nighttime spectacular celebrates the music of Disney and its ability to unite us all, bridging cultures and generations to unlock the magic of possibility. The show will take you on a journey through new interpretations of your favorite Disney songs performed in more then a dozen languages by a cast of talented singers from around the world.
Some of the artists are recognized names in the United States or in their home country, while others are rising stars being heard from the first time by a global audience! Here are some of the songs and artists performing in Harmonious:
- Songs from “Coco” and “Saludos Amigos”: Performed by award wining Puerto Rican artist Luis Fonsi and award-wining Mexican singer-songwriter Joy.
- “Dig a Little Deeper” from Princess and The Frog: Performed by Bryson Camper and gospel artists Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard.
- Mulan, The Jungle Book and Aladdin: Performed by Wang Liuqi, Hollie Hammel, Aditya Rao, Gaayatri Kaundinya, Jorgie Shkara and Sanaa Marahati.
- The Lion King: Performed by The Ndlovu Youth Choir from Johannesburg with a medley in both English and Zulu.
- “Out There” from The Hunchback of Notre Dame: Performed by French pop singer Damien Sargue.
- Brave: With music from dueling violins of Mairead Nesbitt and Lindsey Stirling.
You can get a behind the scenes of the recording sessions for Harmonious:
Harmonious will open with an inspiring medley of “How Far I’ll Go” from Moana and “Go the Distance” from Hercules performed by Danny Gokey and Elisha Garret and Ninet Tayeb. By the end of the show, musical artists will come together to perform a poignant and powerful song, bringing the show to an emotional close.
The show will also have a musical motif in the form of the soaring melody of composer Pinar Toprak’s new Epcot anthem, and all these diverse pieces of music are artfully woven together by arranger Mark Hammond and Walt Disney Imagineering Senior Music Producer and Creative Director Yaron Spiwak. The final result is a magnificent cultural symphony unlike anything heard before.
Harmonious is set to debut on October 1st, 2021 at Epcot just in time for Walt Disney World 50th anniversary!
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- These Spooky Oogie Boogie Jello Shots Are The Perfect Boozy Treat! - September 3, 2021
- Delicious Pumpkin Milkshake From Disney’s Wilderness Lodge To Enjoy This Fall! - September 2, 2021
- Disney & Dole Honor Girl Scout Hawaii Winner For Her Courage And Kindness! - September 2, 2021