Disneyland recently announced a new annual passholder program for the resort. The new Magic Key pass will be similar to the previous program and will officially go on sale August 25. If you have more questions about the new program, we’ve got some answers!
Where can I purchase a Magic Key pass?
You will need to buy your Magic Key pass online at either Disneyland.com or on the Disneyland app. Disney will not be selling Magic Key passes at the ticket booths at Disneyland Resort at this time.
Do I need to purchase my Magic Key pass on August 25?
We know you’re eager and excited to “unlock” your new Magic Key pass, and we want you to have a magical experience upon your return to the Happiest Place on Earth. Please know it is not necessary to purchase your Magic Key on the first day of sale. As always, we appreciate your patience as we work hard to accommodate as many guests as possible through our system on Disneyland.com.
Is there a monthly payment option available for purchasing my Magic Key pass?
Yes! Monthly payment options are available for eligible California residents purchasing a Magic Key pass.
I’d like to upgrade my existing theme park ticket to a Magic Key pass. Is that doable?
Yes, most theme park tickets are upgradeable to a Magic Key pass. Fully used, or partially used and expired, theme park admission media, complimentary ticket media, special event ticket media and ticket media stating its ineligibility for an upgrade (such as the California Resident promotional ticket) may not be upgraded to a Magic Key pass.
How will I upgrade my eligible theme park ticket to a Magic Key pass?
If you have a partially used, unexpired ticket that is upgradable, you can do so directly on the Disneyland app! Visit Disneyland.com to learn more.
How exactly will my Magic Key holder theme park reservations work?
Depending on what Magic Key type you choose to purchase, you may hold a specific number of theme park reservations at a time, within a 90-day booking window, subject to applicable blockout dates (you can check the number of holds per pass type at Disneyland.com/MagicKey). For example, if you purchase an Imagine Key pass, you can hold up to 2 theme park reservations at a time. Once you enter a park on one of your two booked reservation days (or timely cancel a reservation), then you can make another, new reservation within that 90-day window! Park reservations may be made for one or both parks, subject to availability, and park reservations are limited and are not guaranteed for any specific dates or park.
Once you purchase your Magic Key pass, here are the steps to book a theme park reservation, beginning Aug. 25:
- Visit the theme park reservations page on Disneyland.com or the Disneyland app to start the reservation process.
- Select the date that you wish to visit from the available theme park reservation dates. You can make reservations for one park, or both, depending on park availability for that selected date.
- If you will be visiting both parks, you must select a starting park in which to begin your day. You may cross over and switch between parks beginning at 1 p.m. that day, subject to capacity. If you arrive after 1 p.m., you may start your visit at either park.
- After making your selection, review and confirm your reservations details.
- Tip: If you’re planning to visit with friends and family, you can add their theme park admission to your account to make theme park reservations as a group!
If I want to visit both parks on the same day, do I need to make two separate reservations?
No. If your Magic Key theme park reservation is for both parks, it will count as one reservation toward your available reservation holds. Reservations for both parks are subject to availability and are not guaranteed.
If I purchase my Magic Key pass within the first 66 days, what additional benefits will I receive?
In addition to all the great benefits that come with being a Magic Key holder, you will also receive a special charter member welcome package sent to the address on file, which will include a limited-edition Magic Key pin, celebratory button, magnet and more!
Additionally, the Magic Key holders who enter Disneyland park from Sept. 1 – Oct. 31, 2021 may enjoy access to a limited-time experience at Starcade in Tomorrowland. Here, Magic Key holders can enjoy a fun photo opportunity, charging stations, and other fun Magic Key surprises!
We hope this helped answer some of your questions! Now, who’s excited to become a Magic Key holder?!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Holiday snacks and treats not to be missed at Disneyland for the Holidays - November 26, 2021
- Disney Hosting Custodial Job Fair on December 13th - November 26, 2021
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort is now decorated for Christmas - November 26, 2021