As we previously shared, Disney’s Aulani Resort is planning to begin a phased reopening starting on November 1. We now have more information regarding this reopening. Pre-arrival tips, physical distancing measures, housekeeping, and dining are all included.
Pre-arrival steps for guests:
- There are specific instructions and requirements for all visitors to Hawaii, which may include mandated quarantine or pre-travel testing. View information about these requirements on the Hawaii Tourism Authority website at GoHawaii.com. State requirements are subject to change. Please continue to stay updated on the latest travel alerts, advisories and restrictions leading up to your planned stay.
- By entering Aulani Resort, you are confirming that you and all persons in your party are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, as identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and that you understand and will abide by the established health and safety requirements.
- Face coverings will be required for all Guests (age 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming.
- To promote physical distancing, Members and Guests are strongly recommended to use the Online Check-in service.
Physical distancing and capacity measures:
- Services will be adjusted within stores, restaurants, pools, the fitness center, and other public areas to allow for physical distancing, including reducing capacity where appropriate and implementing enhanced cleaning measures.
- Technology will be used to aid in these efforts, with limited-contact services being implemented in shopping and dining locations.
Housekeeping, cleanliness and sanitization:
- In common areas, extra attention will be given to high traffic areas such as public elevator buttons, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms, and more. Additionally, hand sanitizers will be located throughout the resort.
- Prior to each guest arrival, rooms will be given an enhanced cleaning.
- During a stay, rooms will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include removal of trash and used towels, replenishment of towels and amenities, and wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces. Guests may also decline every-other-day service.
- Disney Vacation Club Members staying on points will receive service on the fourth and eighth day, unless service is declined.
- Limited contact options including menu QSR codes, cashless payments and online check-in will help to minimize contact and maintain physical distancing.
Resort Dining, Amenities and Services: During the initial reopening period, some resort dining, amenities, activities and services will be modified, limited in capacity or unavailable based on physical distancing and health guidelines. In addition, some areas and offerings will remain temporarily closed or unavailable. These include, but are not limited to:
- Aunty’s Beach House
- Laniwai Spa
- Painted Sky: HI Style Studio
- ‘AMA‘AMA Restaurant
- Makahiki Bounty of the Islands – including character dining
- KA WA‘A Lū‘au
- Little Opihi’s beachside kiosk
- Private Dining
- Valet service
- Alamo car rental desk
- Instructor-led fitness classes
- Some activities, including ‘Ohana Movie Night, Shaka-A-Shaka Pool Party, Disney Animation, Kakamora Chaos, DVC Member Hour, and guided tours
Additionally, food and beverage offerings, menus and operating hours may be adjusted, and pools and recreation offerings may operate differently during this time. Visit Know Before You Go at Aulani.com for more details on changes to and unavailability of certain offerings and experiences.
Aulani is also now a smoke-free resort. Smoking locations will be removed, and smoking will not be permitted on premises.
Do you have an upcoming Aulani vacation planned?
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Reservations are now open for Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining - November 27, 2020
- Thanksgiving leftover recipe Disney’s Pineapple Cherry Jam Sliders - November 27, 2020
- Breakfast is coming to Tamu Tamu Refreshments in the Animal Kingdom - November 27, 2020