May the Force be with you! Today we explore the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy by visiting the spaceport of Galaxy’s Edge. We’re taking a look at a video highlight of the Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run attraction.
If you’ve never been on the ride, then this video features some spoilers on the ride. But it’s still a great video full of information on the stunning attraction!
Here are some additional facts and trivia about the attraction.
- The Millennium Falcon docked in the Black Spire Outpost spaceport measures more than 100 feet long.
- Hondo Ohnaka is a fan-favorite miscreant from the “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and “Star Wars: Rebels” animated TV series. Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run marks the first time he’s been seen in any form other than an animated on-screen character.
- You enter the Falcon through an access hatch on its port side. Keep an eye for hidden references to the movies as you explore! You may spot all sorts of iconic Star Wars items, including the helmet and remote Luke Skywalker used in his first lightsaber training! Keep an eye out for some Porg nests, too.
- Industrial Light & Magic (the visual effects division of Lucasfilm) collaborated with Walt Disney Imagineering to create the gaming platform and interactive media for the attraction.
- If the Falcon sustains damage – such as smashing into obstacles or taking enemy fire – and is not properly repaired, the ship’s handling is affected and its hallways will show damage after you land.
- Disney Imagineers worked with Lucasfilm to ensure authenticity in every detail of the Millennium Falcon. The amount of detail covers machinery such as the hoses, pipes, switches and even the stickers on the exterior hull. Imagineers visited Star Wars film productions in the United Kingdom to study Falcon sets and pored over archival Lucasfilm photographs of the ship.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.