Put a magical twist to your chocolate chip cookies with this Mickey chocolate chip cookie recipe from Disneyland Paris! Everything taste better when is Mickey shaped after all right?
Plus this delicious treat is also topped with pecans, dried fruit and dark chocolate drizzle! So good!
Take a look at the easy recipe pastry chefs from Disneyland Paris shared with us:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (126 grams) of butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups (450 grams) of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) of granulated sugar
- 1 cup (260 grams) of brown sugar, packed
- 3 tsp (11 grams) of baking powder
- 1/8 tsp (.5 gram) of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (200 grams) of semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 oz (150 grams) of dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) of dried cranberries
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375F (175C). Then line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
- Step 2: Cut butter into sixteen small cubes and place in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and eggs; mis at low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes, until soft dough forms.
- Step 3: Add the chocolate chips and mix on low speed until evenly distributed through dough.
- Step 4: Roll 8 balls of dough, each measuring 1/3 cup (90 grams) for Mickey’s head. Roll 16 balls of dough, each measuring 1 1/2 tbsp (25 grams) for Mickey’s ears.
- Step 5: Slightly flatten each ball of dough with hands. Place 4 heads on each baking sheet. Place 2 ears on top of each head to form Mickey’s head and ears. The ears should be 1/4 inch (1/2 centimeter) from the head.
- Step 6: Bake one sheet at a time for 17 minutes, until edges of cookie begin to brown. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then cool completely on wire racks before decorating.
- Step 1: Melt dark chocolate in glass bowl in microwave on 50% power, for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat until chocolate is melted.
- Step 2: Transfer the melted chocolate to a piping bag fitted with a small round tip. Then pipe diagonal lines on each cookie and top with dried cranberries and pecans.
- Step 4: Allow chocolate to set before eating.
Credit: Disney Parks
- Fried PB&J With Bananas Sandwich From Universal Orlando Resort! - May 17, 2021
- POG Juice Mimosas For A Magical Brunch! - May 16, 2021
- Celebrate National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day With This Magical Recipe! - May 15, 2021