Meet The Edison’s Electric Garden Impossible Burger. This lovely burger is being featured as the June burger of the month at this Disney Springs restaurant. Here is our review of this unique burger offering.
The Electric Garden Impossible Burger features the popular vegan ‘Impossible Burger’ and actually looks like a beef burger on the outside with a pink middle representing what you might expect a medium-rare burger to look like. The patty itself is very good and if you are a fan of tempura, then this is definitely the burger for you. Here are the facts about this incredible burger:
- The Edison’s regular Impossible Burger is topped with lettuce, tomato, pickle, and onion, on a Kaiser roll. It is always on the menu while other burgers in the monthly series are exclusively offered during that particular month.
- The Edison’s Electric Garden Burger featuring the Impossible Burger patty is topped with tempura fried avocados, mushrooms, local sweet and spicy pickles, and harissa cocktail sauce.
- The patty sizzles like real beef in the pan.
- It is 100% meatless and made entirely from plants (patty itself is vegan).
- It’s nut-free, and dairy-free, but contains gluten and soy.
- The meaty flavor comes from a combination of ingredients, but mainly it comes from heme – a molecule found in all living things that gives meat (and our burger) it’s unmistakably meaty flavor.
- The Impossible Burger matches the levels of protein and iron found in beef. It has about the same calories, less total fat (with slightly higher saturated fat from coconut oil) and is completely cholesterol-free.
- It’s primarily made from wheat protein, potato protein, coconut oil, and heme (the molecule that gives meat its color and flavor).
- Ingredients consist of the following: Water, Textured Wheat Protein, Coconut Oil, Potato Protein, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Leghemoglobin (soy), Yeast Extract, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Konjac Gum, Xanthan Gum, Thiamin (Vitamin B1), Zinc, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12. Contains: Soy, Wheat.
- The Impossible Burger is remarkably more efficient when compared to beef and uses 95% less land, 74% less water and creates 87% less greenhouse gas emissions. To put it into perspective that’s equal to one 10-minute shower, 14 driving miles, and 75 square feet of land.
In addition to The Electric Garden Impossible Burger, we also sampled additional food and cocktail items from the menu.
We started with the very popular ‘Time Turner’. Made with Cruzan White Rum, Campari, Lime Juice, Pineapple and Orgeat this beautiful libation is absolutely delicious. Lucky for us, this drink contains fresh pineapple so it is healthy right? For Beer Lovers, the ‘Funky Buddha Floridian Hefeweizen’ is a German-style beer that is certain to tempt your palate. ‘The Clock Strikes Orange’ cocktail features Hendrick’s Gin, Aperol, Lemon Juice, Simple Syrup and Absinthe Wash. If you like a strong drink (it does contain Absinthe after all!) then this is an excellent option with a nice citrus flavor. ‘The Edison’ is another cocktail that offers a punch. Featuring Woodford Reserve Bourbon, Belle de Brillet Pear Brandy, Lemon and Honey Cordial, this beverage will likely be the reason you hand your car keys over to your designated driver. Our table favorite beverage was ‘A Hand In Thyme’. This newest Signature Cocktail mixes Nolet’s Gin, Blueberry Cordial, Lemon Juice, Green Chartreuse and Thyme. This gorgeous beverage will be calling us back to The Edison in the very near future!
We had two appetizers and enjoyed them both. The DB ‘Clothesline Candied Bacon’ and the Deviled Eggs are found on the “Share & Nibbles” section of the menu. The bacon was our table favorite as it provided a wonderful combination of sweet and savory flavors.
The Electric Garden Impossible Burger arrived with sides of Fries, Asparagus and Electric-Fries. All of these options were good and offered a variety of flavors. If you are not a fan of Tempura then we recommend ordering The Impossible Burger, which is always on the menu. One of our table mates did not care for the tempura vegetables on the burger. They just took those pieces off and then thoroughly enjoyed the burger.
Dessert is a must at The Edison. From traditional Key Lime Tarts and the Cheesecake Lollipop Tree to the warm and tasty Apple Cobbler, there is sure to be something on the menu to please every member of the family.
The Edison also features its own style of entertainment that is sure to catch your attention. You will see entertainers meandering through the restaurant and stopping at tables, as well as Live Band performances. Ask Rory about her “inventions” and she will be happy to tell you all about them!
We had a fabulous evening at The Edison. The new Electric Garden Impossible Burger is just one of the many reasons to head over to this venue. The cocktails and beverages are fantastic; while the setting is eclectic and fun. If you are planning to spend an evening at Disney Springs then The Edison is definitely the place to stop for a great meal, a bit of entertainment and some lovely libations.
Will you be stopping by The Edison for their Electric Garden Impossible Burger? Please leave your comments in the box below.For more Disney News follow us on Instagram @chipandco on Twitter @chipandcompany and on Facebook or Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
- Disney Dreamers Academy 2019 Four Day Adventure - March 24, 2019
- Terralina Crafted Italian Hosts Four Course Chefs Dinner - February 27, 2019
- Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party Review - February 24, 2019