The Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend is one of the most popular events of the year and will take place from Saturday, January 12th to Sunday, January 13th, 2019. This is an exciting time for marathon participants and their supporters who train all year for the event. Due to mandatory road closures, it also presents some challenges for maneuvering around the property during the race.
From 5 to 8:30 am Saturday and Sunday, World Drive will be closed in both directions. The closure will stretch from the main entrance of Disney’s Contemporary Resort to Seven Seas Drive. During that time, any resort guests in a personal vehicle will need to take a 12-mile detour outside of the property via Winter Garden Vineland Road (CR 535) and Reams Road.
Disney’s complimentary transportation will still be available during this time. It is highly recommended that all guests use buses to get to their destinations. Those with dining reservations at Disney’s Contemporary Resort will travel to the Transportation and Ticket Center by resort bus, then transfer to the resort monorail line. Be aware that this route will undoubtedly increase travel time. As a result, guests wanting to use this option should plan for at least an hour in transit from other resorts.
Guests driving in from North of Walt Disney World:
- Take Reams Road.
- Turn right on Silverlake Park Drive.
- Turn right on Winter Garden Vineland Road (CR 535).
- Turn right on South Apopka Vineland Road (SR 535).
- Merge on to I-4 West.
- Take exit 67 for Buena Vista Drive.
Guests driving in from South of Walt Disney World:
- Take I-4 to exit 68 for SR 535.
- Turn left on South Apopka Vineland Road (SR 535).
- Turn left on Winter Garden Vineland Road (CR 535).
- Turn left on Silverlake Park Drive.
- Take the third exit on the roundabout onto Reams Road.
- Take a left on Floridian Place.
- Take a left onto Center Drive.
Photo Credit: Disney
Are you ready to get started planning your next great adventure to Walt Disney World without all of the stress? Click on my photo or fill out the form below for a free no-obligation quote. I am a Travel Advisor with Key To The World Travel, the official travel partner for Chip and Company. I specialize in Disney, Universal, cruises and more. My services are FREE to my clients. Contact me at 804-252-7387, via email at email@example.com, on Facebook or by filling out the form below.
Latest posts by Jess Evans (see all)
- New Cheesecake for St. Patrick’s Day at All-Star Resorts - March 17, 2019
- Win The Opportunity to See “Avengers: Endgame” Premiere with Mark Ruffalo - March 16, 2019
- Japan Celebrates New Live-Action “Dumbo” Premiere - March 16, 2019