Are looking for a different recipe to make for dinner? If you’re planning on trying something new, then try this recipe from Disney’s Epcot! The Impossible™ Burger Slider with Wasabi Cream and Spicy Asian Slaw.
Here’s the recipe and directions for making the dish at home.
- 1/4 cup sambal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Directions for Slaw Dressing:
- Place sambal, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil in small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until boiling and stir until sugar is fully dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Stir in lime juice and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Sweet and Spicy Slaw
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded green papaya
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Reserved slaw dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions for Sweet and Spicy Slaw:
- Combine cabbage, carrot, sliced pepper, green papaya, and cilantro in large bowl.
- Add cooled slaw dressing. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1/2 cup plant-based mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Directions for Wasabi Aïoli:
- Mix water and wasabi powder in medium to form a paste.
- Whisk in plant-based mayonnaise and salt until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 18 ounces Impossible™ Burger
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sambal
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Directions for Impossible™ Patties:
- Combine Impossible™ Burger, salt, pepper, and sambal in large mixing bowl. Divide into six 3-ounce patties and shape to size of slider buns.
- Heat canola oil in large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Place patties in pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until 155°F.
- Keep warm.
Drizzle Wasabi Aïoli on the bottom half of each sesame bun and top with a few leaves of baby arugula. Top with Impossible™ patty and Sweet and Spicy Slaw before adding the top of each bun.
Will you try making this Impossible™ burger at home? It’s a fantastic meal for those seeking a plant-based option!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Celebrate 97 years of storytelling with Walt Disney Animation Studio - October 21, 2020
- Fans petiton Disney to bring PB&J Otter to Disney+ - October 21, 2020
- Signs taken down at the Void in Disney Springs - October 21, 2020