Add some New Orleans flavor and Disney magic to your kitchen with these Mickey Mouse Beignets!
This delicious treat is a must have whether you are at New Orleans Square in Disneyland or Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter over at Walt Disney World. And now you can make it at home with this easy recipe!
- 1/2 tsp of dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of warm water
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp of vegetable shortening
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- Sprinkle the dry yeast over the warm water and stir until is dissolved. Then let it stand for 5 minutes
- Combine the sugar, vegetable shortening, salt, heavy cream, egg and boiling water in a large bowl then add the yeast mixture and stir. Mix everything together on medium speed until is smooth and let it rest for 30 minutes
- Roll to 1/4 inch thickness then cut individual beignets with a Mickey Mouse shape cutter or if you don’t have one cut 2 1/2 to 3 inch squares instead
- Cover them with a towel and let the dough rise until double in size in a warm, draft-free area for about 1 to 1.5 hours
- Heat 3 inch of vegetable oil to 350F in a deep pot over medium heat
- Fry the beignets until golden brown for about 2-3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side. Remove and let them dry on paper towels
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top and serve
Now put on “The Princess and The Frog” on Disney+ and enjoy your Mickey Mouse beignets!
Credit: Disney Parks
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Vibrante & Vivido Food Studio Recipe: Passion Fruit Mousse With Dragon Fruit Jam - January 14, 2021
- Up Themed Disney Parks Designer Collection Ear Hat Coming To Festival Of The Arts - January 14, 2021
- Learn How To Make Mickey Pretzels At Home With This Easy Recipe - January 14, 2021