Make dog treats at home with recipes from Disney chefs! We’ve shared so many Disney Parks’ recipes with you so that you can enjoy your favorite treats at home. Now, it’s treat time for your furry friends!
- 1/4 cup mashed, ripe banana
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup ground peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped, crispy bacon
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Mix together mashed banana, peanut butter, and honey until smooth.
- Add in flour, wheat germ, and oatmeal. Mixture will become very dry.
- Add water as mixture is combining to help incorporate all ingredients.
- Add peanuts and bacon, making sure they are evenly distributed.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to 1/4”.
- Cut out with your favorite cookie cutter. The size of your dog may help determine the size of the cookie cutter that you use.
- Any leftover dough scraps can be re-formed into a ball and rolled out until there are no more scraps remaining.
Place biscuits on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- If you would like a crunchier dog biscuit roll the dough out to 1/8”. The baking time will be reduced to 10-20 minutes.
- If you use a large cookie cutter the baking time will be increased to 25 – 35 minutes.
- Biscuits should be used within 5-7 days. They can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 14 days. They can also be stored in the freezer to be saved even longer.
Oatmeal and Parmesan Dog Treats
By Scott Hunnel, Executive Chef of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Marianne Hunnel, Content Development Manager, Walt Disney World Parks & Resorts
Makes about 100 small biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dry milk
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tb. sugar
- 6 Tbs melted margarine
- 1 Tbs liquid smoke
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine whole wheat flour, Parmesan cheese, rolled oats, dry milk, kosher salt, sugar, margarine, liquid smoke and egg in mixing bowl.
- Slowly add water, 1/4 cup at a time until dough is soft and pliable.
- Roll out on floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness, cut into shapes using small biscuit or cookie cutters.
- Bake on lightly oiled cookie sheets for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool before storing in airtight container.
We hope your furry friends enjoy their new dog treats!
Photo and recipe source Disney Parks Blog.For more Disney News follow us on Instagram @chipandco on Twitter @chipandcompany and on Facebook or Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.