Churro Toffee found at the Disneyland Resort has quickly become a guest favorite! It’s the delicious churro flavor in a perfect crunchy toffee. This treat is white chocolate covered toffee and topped with cinnamon sugar. Since we aren’t able to grab a piece, or five, from Disneyland right now, we found a copycat recipe to make at home! Check it out:
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 20-30 oz white chocolate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
How to make it:
- Place butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 2 cups of sugar and the salt to the saucepan as well.
- Stir until butter and sugar is melted then place your candy thermometer in the saucepan. You’ll notice the mixture will bubble and boil. This is good. Be careful, it is very very hot. Stir every now and then until toffee mixture reaches 285 degrees F.
- Pour mixture into a parchment-lined 13×18 baking sheet.
- Use a plastic knife to cut toffee into squares. Do this while the toffee is still soft.
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and break squares apart.
- Melt white chocolate.
- Dip each piece of toffee in chocolate and place onto parchment paper.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over the chocolate and let set up a good 30-40 minutes.
The last step is to enjoy your Churro Toffee! Maybe share it with family and friends. Or keep it all for yourself! We won’t judge.
- Family returns from Disney World Vacation to find their house destroyed by vandals - April 14, 2021
- Disney World Opens more theme park availability for June - April 14, 2021
- Save Up to 30% on Select Rooms for 5-Night Stays at Aulani this Fall - April 14, 2021