Work up a little magic in the kitchen with these Sorcerer Mickey Hat Cake Pops!
Disney Family shared a magical recipe so you can recreate these cake pops at home! Just make sure your mixing bowls and spoons don’t start dancing like a symphony while you bake.
They make the perfect treat to have with your family during a movie night watching Fantasia on Disney+!
SORCERER MICKEY HAT CAKE POPS
- 1 box of cake mix (bake as directed on box for 13×9 cake)
- 1 can (16oz) of ready made frosting
- Wax paper
- Baking sheets
- White candy coating
- Blue candy coating
- Chocolate covered mints
- Yellow jumbo star sprinkles
- Yellow candies
- # 807 decorating tip
- # 12 decorating tip
- Small paintbrush
- Paper lollipop sticks
- Styrofoam block
- After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into a large bowl.
- With a large spoon, mix cake thoroughly with about 3/4 of the can of frosting. You won’t need the rest.
- Roll mixture into quarter size cake balls and place on a baking sheet covered with wax paper.
- Once you have rolled the cake balls, you can re-shape them into cones. Get the shape started by hand molding and then lay the cone shape on the wax paper and roll back and forth gently to help smooth out the shape. You can also rub the bottom side on the wax paper gently to help flatten the bottom.
- Place the cone-shaped cake balls in the freezer for about 15 minutes to firm up. You can transfer them to the refrigerator to keep chilled and avoid freezing.
- While the cake is chilling, you can make moons for the hat. Work with the yellow candies at a time. Place it in the microwave for a just a few seconds to make it more pliable. Then using a small glass or rolling pin, roll the candy flat. To make the moon you can use two small circular edges to cut the shapes. Decorating tips are the perfect size.
- Cut out circles with the smaller end of a #807 decorating tip, then use the small end of a #12 decorating tip to remove another circular shape from inside the larger circle to create moons. Repeat with more yellow candies as needed.
- Melt white candy coating in a heat-proof plastic bowl so that the coating is at four inches deep for easier dipping. Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals on low, stirring in between. Repeat until melted ad smooth. Add blue candy color and stir until completely combined and you achieve the desired shade of blue.
- Remove a couple of cake balls at a time from the refrigerator to work with.
- Dip the tip of a lollipop stick into the melted coating and insert into the bottom of the cone shape. Dip the cake pop into the coating and remove in one motion without stirring. Make sure the entire cone-shape cake ball is covered. Using a deep bowl is helpful here. If your coating is too thick, you can add a few drops of vegetable oil or shortening to help thin it and make it easier to work with.
- Remove and allow any excess coating to fall off the sorcerer Mickey hat cake pop and back into the bowl.
- Attach a chocolate covered mint to each side of the sorcerer Mickey hat cake pop for Mickey’s ears.
- Then, while coating is still wet, attach two star sprinkles and one moon. Place in a styrofoam block to dry. You can also attach the stars and moon after the coating sets by using a toothpick to dot a small amount of coating to use as glue.
- You can wrap your sorcerer Mickey hat cake pops in treat bags tied with a ribbon and/or store them on the counter or in an airtight container.
Enjoy your sorcerer Mickey hat cake pops!
Credit: Disney Family
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Adorable Winnie The Pooh Apple Pie To Surprise Everyone This Thanksgiving! - November 25, 2021
- Holiday It’s A Small World Cookies To Celebrate Christmas! - November 23, 2021
- Delicious Mickey Mouse Peppermint Cookies To Bake During The Holidays! - November 23, 2021