If you have ever been to the Animal Kingdom Lodge, you must know the Zebra Domes!
This delicious dessert that can be found at Boma, an amazing buffet style restaurant where you can have as many zebra domes as you want! And if you want to grab some to take with you, all you have to do is go to The Mara, the resort’s quick service location where you will be able to grab this delicious treat in a little package of four!
If you have never tried Zebra Domes and are wondering what they are, they are an Amarula Cream Liquor mousse enrobed in panna cotta-esque white chocolate and drizzle with chocolate and chocolate shavings sitting on top of a thin cake base. Delicious!
It’s your moth watering yet? If you can’t go to Disney World right now, no worries, we have a recipe so you can recreate these delicious treats at home! Take a look:
- 1 pound of milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup of espresso coffee
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp of sugar
- 6 sheets gelatin (Note: One of gelatin is equal to 1 tsp of unflavored powdered gelatin dissolved in 1/4 cup of water)
- 1/2 cup of Amarula Cream liqueur
- 4 cups of heavy cream
- 3/4 cup of white chocolate ganache
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate ganache
- Sponge cake
- Melt milk chocolate.
- Whip heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Mix yolks with sugar.
- Soften gelatin leaves in cold water.
- Mix gelatin with Amarula Cream and coffee. Set bowl over hot water bath to dissolve the gelatin.
- Fold 1/3 of whipped cream into the chocolate.
- Add the yolks, then the gelatin mixture.
- Fold in the rest of the cream.
- Pour mousse in flexipan domes almost to the top.
- Place sponge circle (1/4″ thick yellow cake cut in a circle) on top. Leave in the freezer to set.
- Once hard, unmold and place in glazing racks.
- Make white chocolate ganache and chocolate ganache.
- Put chocolate ganache in a pastry bag. Ladle white chocolate ganache to cover each dome. Simultaneously, pipe a strip design of chocolate ganache over the dome.
- Refrigerate to allow the glaze to set.
- Decorate the bottom edge with coffee crunch.
- Place a chocolate covered coffee bean on the center of each dome.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!