Add a bit of Disney magic to your mornings with this delicious Tonga Toast recipe from Disney’s Polynesian Resort!
An extremely tasty banana stuffed toast, deep-fried and dusted with cinnamon-sugar, sounds sooo good!
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of granulated sugar
- 1 quart of canola oil, for frying
- 1 loaf of sourdough bread (uncut, 12 inches long)
- 2 large bananas, peeled
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl (large enough to roll toast) with a fork until fully blended. The set aside.
- Whip eggs in a medium bowl (large enough to dip toast) until well beaten.
- Add milk, cinnamon, and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat oil to 350F in a large pot or a deep fryer (If you are using a large pot, use a candy thermometer to make certain the oil does not get any hotter or it will burn).
- Slice the bread into four 3 inch thick slices.
- Cut each banana in half crosswise, then each piece lengthwise.
- Place a bread slice flat on the counter and tear out just enough from the middle (do not tear all the way through) to stuff half a banana into; repeat with each bread slice.
- Dip stuffed bread into batter, covering both sides, allowing excess batter to drip off bread and place carefully into hot oil.
- Cook 4-5 minutes until golden brown. If needed, turn toast over after 2 minutes and cook for another 2 minutes on other side. Remove and drain excess oil.
- Roll toast in cinnamon-sugar. Repeat for each piece of toast.
Credit: Disney Parks
- Refreshing Princess Pearls Punch To Have This Summer! - June 9, 2021
- Want Some Shrimp And Pineapple Thingamabobs? We Have Plenty! - June 8, 2021
- Plant-Based Maui Pizza Rollups Recipe - June 7, 2021