It’s national chocolate cake day!! So of course we have to share with you this Buttermilk Chocolate Cake recipe you can make at home.
This extremely tasty treat is covered in a whiskey salted caramel sauce and spiced pecans, our mouths are watering already!
You can find it at The Smokehouse during Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival that is starting on March 3rd, but until then, have fun baking this delicious chocolate cake with your family! They will love it.
BUTTERMILK CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 1/3 cup of canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup of cake flour
- 3/4 tsp of baking soda
Whiskey Caramel Sauce
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tbsp of corn syrup
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp of ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cups of pecans, broken into small pieces
For Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place oil, egg, sour cream and buttermilk in bowl of standing mixer equipped with whip attachment. Add remaining ingredients on top of wet in mixing bowl.
- Start mixing on first (lowest) speed for about 30 seconds, then to second speed for another 30 seconds, and finally on third speed, mixing for about 3 minutes.
- Place 1/4 cup of batter in greased half-cup ramekins. Place ramekins on baking sheet.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until tops of cakes crack. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
For Whiskey Caramel Sauce
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, water, and lemon juice in stainless-steel saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until mixture turns amber color, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in condensed milk.
- Add whiskey and mix until smooth. Keep warm until ready to serve, being careful not to burn sauce. Can also be prepared 1-2 days in advance and refrigerated. To serve, warm over low heat, adding splash of water to return to sauce consistency.
For Spiced Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place a sheet of parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in brown sugar and cayenne pepper. Once brown sugar thickens, stir in pecans.
- Remove from heat and spread mixture on baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Set aside until ready to serve. Spiced pecans can be stored in airtight container for 3-4 days before serving.
- Unmold warm cakes from ramekins and place on dessert plates.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over and around each cake. Top with spiced nuts.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Enjoy A Delicious Breakfast With This Mickey Mouse Cinnamon Rolls Recipe! - February 25, 2021
- This Winnie The Pooh’s Hot Cocoa Recipe It’s Perfect For A Blustery Day! - February 24, 2021
- Mickey Saint Patrick’s Day Cupcakes You Can Make At Home! - February 23, 2021