The L.A. Area Chamber of Commerce has responded to the continued closures of Southern California Amusement Parks yesterday.
The state’s announcement regarding the guidelines for the reopening of theme parks is devastating news for the thousands of park employees and the surrounding communities. Theme parks support families through jobs as well as surrounding businesses that serve their guests. This news is especially hard on local small businesses that have been struggling to keep their doors open, many of them women and minority-owned. Public health and safety must come first but collaboration is needed. We urge Governor Newsom to bring all parties to the table to structure an innovative reopening plan that protects jobs and our local economies while prioritizing safety.
Also yesterday the Disneyland released news on how they are going to open part of California Adventure for shopping and dining since they are unable to reopen the theme park.
Here is the info from Disney Parks Blog:
Recently, we introduced Downtown Disney guests to the Disneyland Resort Backlot Premiere Shop at Stage 17. This store is currently showcasing an array of seasonal merchandise for you to browse. With Buena Vista Street soon opening select shopping and dining experiences, you can find even more places to enjoy a memorable meal or a fun shopping excursion during your visit.
Here’s what you can discover – be sure to put these places on your shopping and dining list:
- Holiday shopping? Head to Elias & Co. The store is divided into distinct sections for men, women and children, so you’ll find something special for the entire family! At Julius Katz & Sons, peruse even more holiday merchandise and Disney-themed home décor. At Kingswell Camera Shop offers great gift-giving ideas like frames, photo albums and more. Buena Vista Street stores have a variety of your Disney favorites!
- If you are looking to tempt your taste buds with a snack, Trolley Treats offers classic candies, old-fashioned confections and all kinds of freshly made treats. Vending carts will offer popcorn, churros, ice cream and other “must-bite” treats.
- Swing by Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe for the enchanting sights and sounds of Buena Vista Street—and a cup of coffee or scrumptious artisan sandwich.
- Sit-down dining options include Carthay Circle Lounge, where you can unwind in our expanded outdoor seating area featuring an all-new menu of cocktails and dining. Smokejumpers Grill is serving up tasty American classics for lunch and dinner with a streamlined menu of burgers, fries, onion rings and craft beer, located just around the corner from Buena Vista Street. The primary way to place your order at this dining location is through mobile order on the Disneyland App.*
Only the shopping and dining experiences along Buena Vista Street will be accessible from the Downtown Disney District at this time, as Disney California Adventure park is currently closed.
If you haven’t visited the Downtown Disney District lately, be sure to familiarize yourself with our health and safety measures at Disneyland.com/DTD, to learn important details, including temperature screenings prior to entry and the requirement for all guests, ages 2 and older, to wear an appropriate face covering. The number of Guests visiting the Downtown Disney District and its locations, including the shopping and dining experiences along Buena Vista Street, will be limited to promote proper physical distancing.
Check back soon for more details about the special shopping and dining experiences coming later in November to Buena Vista Street!
Recently State Legislators were at Disneyland to check on the Health and Safety Protocols Disney has in place as they prepare to reopen. Many people are frustrated with Governor Newsome on his reopening guidelines.
Here are some of the current articles about the reopening of Disneyland and other Southern California theme parks:
- Disneyland Closure costing Southern California Economy $5 Billion Dollars
- Orange County health officer thinks Disneyland won’t open until the summer of 2021
- Disneyland President sends heartfelt message to Cast Members
- Statement from Disneyland President Ken Potrock about reopening of Disneyland Resort
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Hall of Presidents reopens with new Joe Biden Audio-Animatronic - August 3, 2021
- New Sales of Disney World Annual Passes coming by 50th Anniversary Celebration - August 3, 2021
- Disney Gossip: Buffets returning in September at Walt Disney World - August 3, 2021