Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in North America, announced that KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded for the Nintendo DS™ family of hand-held systems has shipped to North American retailers today. The latest installment to one of the most beloved video game series of all time, KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded invites players to embark on all-new adventures through the worlds of Disney.
A continuation of Sora’s journey in KINGDOM HEARTS II, KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded brings the future of the franchise to the handheld platform and challenges players to unravel the secrets that lie in Jiminy Cricket‘s journal. The game features the exhilarating gameplay that fans of the series know and love, with an immersive blend of role-playing and action elements. Additionally, this installment features a new character growth system and an assortment of battle styles, ranging from side-scrolling to shooting.
KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded also includes a new Avatar Menu, which utilizes the Nintendo DS Tag Mode capabilities and allows players to trade customizable avatar profiles and playable maps with their friends. Each floor map acquired adds to the player’s unique System Sector, which can be explored for items, experience points and even a friend’s avatar items!
Reunite today with Sora, Mickey, Goofy and other familiar characters from KINGDOM HEARTS and FINAL FANTASY for an engrossing new journey into your favorite Disney worlds.
“… Re:coded is the best KINGDOM HEARTS game to yet grace a Nintendo platform.”
– Nintendo Power, (8/10)
Sora’s journey in KINGDOM HEARTS II has drawn to a close, and now a new tale is set to begin.
Jiminy Cricket is looking over the journal he used to document his first adventure with Sora when he discovers a mysterious message. He didn’t write it – so how on earth did it get there? King Mickey is determined to find out, so he and his friends decide to digitize the journal and delve into its deepest secrets. Inside this “datascape” dwells a second Sora who is about to embark on a grand adventure of his very own.
- The future of the Tetsuya Nomura comes the latest installment in the beloved KINGDOM HEARTS series. Sora, Mickey, Donald, Goofy and a host of familiar faces from KINGDOM HEARTS and FINAL FANTASY unite once again for an exciting new adventure. arrives on Nintendo DS: From world-renowned creator and character designer
- Classic KINGDOM HEARTS gameplay with innovative twists: All-new features include a new character growth system created specifically for the Nintendo DS release, building on the series’ immersive blend of action and role-playing elements.
- An assortment of diverse and entertaining boss battles: Guide Sora like never before through boss battles inspired by side-scrolling, shooting and classic FINAL FANTASY games.
- Endless possibilities in the Avatar Menu: Players can design their own avatar using over 800 unlockable parts and trade playable maps with friends.
KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded is available for Nintendo DS at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $34.99.
The official website can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/khrecoded.
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- All new Star Wars Decor at the Orlando International Airport - November 16, 2019
- Discover how Walt Disney World Resort becomes a winter wonderland with these fun facts - November 16, 2019
- Disney to hand out Celebration buttons for Mickey’s birthday - November 15, 2019