Jimmy Grabow, from the appropriately named Running Springs, Calif., won the Disneyland Half Marathon in record fashion, finishing in 1:05:29. Grabow’s time was nearly two minutes faster than the previous mark, set by Paul Ngeny (1:07:24) in 2011.
Cindy Lynch, of Cardiff, Calif., captured the women’s title at Disneyland, finishing with a time of 1:24:45. She was followed by Kellie Nickerson (1:26:29), who earlier this year captured the inaugural Tinker Bell Half Marathon at Disneyland.
More than 17,000 registered runners, including actor Sean Astin (The Goonies, Rudy, The Lord of the Rings), traveled down Route 66 through Cars Land for the first time, along with passing through Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Angel Stadium and the streets of Anaheim. All along the route, runners were greeted by cheering fans, Disney characters, music and live entertainment.
This year’s sold-out half marathon field included runners ages 14 – 78 from all 50 states and 19 countries. In addition to the half marathon, other weekend events included the Cars Land 5K Rally, runDisney Kids’ Races and a two-day Health and Fitness Expo.
- Runners Get Their Kicks on Route 66 at Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend (chipandco.com)
- Registration Now Open for Disney’s Princess Half Marathon (chipandco.com)
- Condiments returning to the table at Disney World Restaurants - June 16, 2021
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is reopening on Aug. 26th - June 15, 2021
- Happily Ever After & Epcot Forever returning to Disney World this summer - June 15, 2021