With tandoor ovens and a 3-foot-wide Mongolian grill for onstage cooking and made-to-order dishes, Landscape of Flavors at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is the next generation of food courts, keeping pace with the increasingly sophisticated palates of Walt Disney World guests.Guests can play it safe with a create-your-own burger or try something unusual, such as tandoori shrimp with naan bread, or a Mongolian grilled fish with basmati rice.
“When we thought about our talented animators, and the theme behind the resort, we wanted to let the guests know that our chefs are very creative, too,” says Michelle Clegg, food & beverage operations manager for Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. ”And our guests also are creative, so we’ve given them options to create their own salads, pastas, even yogurt parfaits.”
The restaurant’s décor is inspired by Disney’s animated films, with four seating areas themed to “The Lion King,” “Cars,” “The Little Mermaid” and “Finding Nemo.” Art on the walls is landscape paintings, many from the backgrounds of the blockbuster movies.
“Better-for-you” options at five mini shops serving breakfast, lunch and dinner is the overarching theme in the 606-seat food court just off the lobby. And special attention is paid to healthful options, from buckwheat pasta to vegetarian offerings such as tandoor-roasted acorn squash.
“The idea is that you customize your choice,” says Chef Ed Wronski, director, food & beverage concept development, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “From burgers to pasta, salads, ethnic flavors, omelets, even parfaits and gelatos, everything is made fresh as you order.”
There’s a big focus on beverages, too. Fresh fruit smoothies are made to order, also lemonade and pomegranate limeade. The restaurant stocks organic teas, beer (including gluten free), wine, coffee and juices. Guests can get a plain cup of coffee or a French vanilla or mocha iced. And half bottles of wine are paired with cuisine from the food shops.
- The Soup-Salad-Sandwich Shop lets you create your own salad (with chicken or shrimp), and offers a caprese sandwich with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes on focaccia, or a Buffalo-style turkey sandwich with arugula and a blue cheese-Buffalo sauce-mayo spread. Both served with house-made potato chips.
- The World Flavors Shop adds international flair to breakfast, too, with challah French toast or a veggie flatbread sandwich on naan with cauliflower, spinach and paneer. Lunch and dinner is a choice of tandoori chicken, shrimp, or sausage; and Mongolian beef or fish with basmati or multigrain rice.
The Pizza Shop features make-your-own pasta, cheese and pepperoni pizzas, and meatballs on ciabatta bread. Pizza delivery is an option, too.
- The Burger Shop lets guests customize beef, vegetarian, seafood or chicken burgers, and also offers the signature “pastrami cheeseburger.”
- The Market sweet offerings include smoothies such as wild berry, mango and strawberry-banana; coffees including iced mocha, cappuccino, espresso and iced French vanilla; dessert bites; and authentic gelato.
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will feature 1,120 highly themed family suites with a spotlight on the stories and playful characters from favorite Disney*Pixar films. The Finding Nemo wing will open May 31, Cars opens June 18 and Lion King will follow on August 10. The Little Mermaid buildings will feature 864 standard guestrooms in the “value” room category set to open September 15.
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort Features Landscape of Flavors Food Court (chipandco.com)
- Time-Lapse Video of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!