I was browsing my updated My Disney Experience app yesterday when I saw what I have been waiting for. I had a link to manage my MagicBand! Can this be true? As a local who is in the park 2 or more days a week, nothing was more frustrating to me than not having a MagicBand. Not being able to pre-select attractions until I got to the park solidified two things. 1, I would not be riding Toy Story Mania for a while and 2, I would have to brave the long lines at the FP+ Kiosk. I was able to create my MagicBand and access FP+ and I could not be happier. My girlfriend also got the invite to participate in the “First Roll-out Phase” of the MagicBands for passholders.
I called Guest Relations and spoke with the MagicBand and My Disney Experience support. They let me in on some rather awesome news that I want to share with you. Here is what I know:
- MagicBands will be rolling out to passholders in phases. I was in phase one, which is still considered a testing phase.
- MagicBands and discount cards (for parking and annual pass discounts) will be shipped out separately from what he told me.
- The passholder MagicBands are the same 7 colors as the regular guests. He said multiple guest and cast members are asking for different colors or bands to show annual passholders from regular guests
- Phases would be starting to roll out in the next few days to week, with a full roll out to be done on or around March 1st, 2014.
- An email was sent out yesterday letting us passholders know that passholder testing was now underway and that they could not accommodate any requests to be apart of the test
With that being said, make sure to check your email as well as My Disney Experience to see if you are eligible to customize your Magic Band! Did anyone else get the email yesterday? Hope this helps, and keep checking back for more updated information as we get it!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!