Travel to a galaxy far far away with this Hyperdrive (Punch It!) drink!
Remember when Han Solo said “punch it!” in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back? This line is one of the most recognizable ones in cinema history! So of course, the Hyperdrive (Punch It!) is one of of the most famous drinks at Oga’s Cantina in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
This iconic drink features an eye catching blue and white blend and spacey looking red ooze dripping between the ice. The “punch” part of this drink comes with the black cherry puree adding a pop of flavor, it’s so good!
Want to learn how to make it? Just follow this recipe from Disney:
HYPERDRIVE (PUNCH IT!)
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of pitted and quartered black cherries
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 3 cups of crushed ice
- 1 cup of lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup of white cranberry juice
- 1 cup of mountain berry blast powerade
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, black cherries, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, them remove from heat.
- using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree cherry mixture. Texture should be like a soupy jam. Cover and chill at least 1 hour up to overnight.
- When ready to assemble, divide ice evenly into two drinking glasses. Add ingredients split evenly into each glass in this order: lemon-lime soda, white cranberry juice, and powerade. Do not stir!
- Scoop 1 tbsp of black cherry puree gently onto top of ice in each glass. Serve immediately.