We are eternally grateful for this Toy Story Alien Veggie Meatball Pizza with a healthy twist!
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring, you can have fun making something delicious and also good for you plus kids will for sure love this! I mean it’s pizza after all!
So have fun spending an afternoon cooking with your family and then enjoy this delicious healthy choice with a Toy Story marathon on Disney Plus! Sounds like a great idea to us.
TOY STORY ALIEN VEGGIE MEATBALL PIZZA
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup store bought basil pesto
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup of green peas, cooked
- 1/2 cup of white beans, canned, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 4-5 medium asparagus spears, cut into 48, 1 inch asparagus tips (for ears and antennas)
- 1 ounce of goat cheese (for eyes)
- 1/4 cup of black olives, sliced into thin rounds (for eyes) and chopped into small pieces (for mouths)
- 1 cup no salt added, no sugar added tomato sauce
- 1 (16 oz) 100% whole wheat pizza dough crust
- 1/2 cup of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Toy Story Pizza Maker
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing aid
- Tablespoon measure or medium spoon
- Medium bowl
- Rolling pin, bottle or jar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Process cauliflower in a food processor or other mixing aid until finely ground. Next, add the pesto, egg whites, peas, white beans, whole wheat flour and onion powder. Pulse a few times, just until fully incorporated so the mixture doesn’t become too fine.
- Use a tablespoon measure or medium spoon to divide the mixture into 16 veggie meatballs. Kids can help with this part.
- Pinch the sides of the veggie meatball to form a football shaped alien head.
- Set the veggie meatballs on a sheet pan and bake in oven until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven and add the asparagus tops to each alien to form the antennas and ears. Bake for 2 more minutes to secure the pieces.
- Carefully remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cool, craft the alien faces. Roll the goat cheese into tiny rounds to make three eyes on each alien.
- Add 1 thin olive round to the center of each eye. Use larger olive pieces to form the mouths. Be creative! Form different facial expressions like smile, surprise, scared. Kids can help with this part.
- Plug in the Toy Story Pizza Maker to preheat.
- Roll and stretch the dough to the size of the Toy Story Pizza Maker, about 11 inches round. If available, use a rolling pin, bottle or jar to evenly flatten the dough. Pinch the dough along the outer edge to form the crust. Kids can help with this part.
- Once the Toy Story Pizza Maker light turns green, add the dough. Bake until the crust is lightly golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Next, spread the tomato sauce evenly across the dough, leaving a 1-inch border without any sauce. Add the cheese evenly over the sauce and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the Toy Story Pizza Maker and let cool, about 5 minutes. Once cooled, top with the alien faces (2 aliens per slice), slice into 8 pieces and done!
Credit: Disney Parks
- Red Nosed Zebra From Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar! - May 14, 2021
- Share A Delicious Winnie The Pooh Apple Pie With Your Family! - May 13, 2021
- Fried Pickles Recipe From Carnation Cafe! - May 12, 2021