Hasbro cancels Gina Carano’s ‘Cara Dune’ action figure, amidst her recent controversial social media posts.
The Mandalorian star was fired on Wednesday, Feb. 10 after sharing a post comparing being Republican today to being Jewish during Nazi Germany.
“Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future,” a spokesperson for Lucasfilm said in a statement. “Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”
Twitter user @TheComixKid shared an email they received from BigBadToyStore about the status of the ‘Cara Dune‘ action figures:
“We have been informed by Hasbro that they have canceled production of the Star Wars: The Black Series 6” Cara Dune (The Mandalorian) and will not be fulfilling our order. Unfortunately, this means we must cancel our pre-orders for this item. We apologize for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate your understanding.”
Even amid the controversy, Gina Carano continues to develop her entertainment career and is to produce and star in an upcoming film…stay tuned for more details.
To learn more about current Disney news, check out these articles below…
- Disney confirms attendance cap remains at 35%
- Take a Virtual Ride through the Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris
- Celebrate the Lunar New Year with Shanghai Disneyland and Clarabelle Cow
Check back here on Chip & Co. for the latest theme park and entertainment news updates!
Source. Featured photo credit: Hasbro.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Check Out the New Captains Sing Along Brunch at The BOATHOUSE in Disney Springs - February 22, 2021
- New Parental Controls Coming to Disney+ - February 22, 2021
- New Spaceship Earth Lighting Details Just Revealed - February 22, 2021