“When Mickey came out in his football gear, I have never seen Kaden’s eyes light up more in my entire life. It was a day we will never forget,” said Amy, Kaden’s mom.
With nearly 7,000 wishes granted every year, Walt Disney World Resort works with organizations around the world to help create special memories for children with life-threatening medical conditions.
According to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Disney-themed wish is the most popular request they receive. Children embrace their imagination and creativity with many of these requests. Recent wishes that have been granted include dancing with Cinderella, playing in the band on Main Street U.S.A. in the Magic Kingdom and being an Imagineer for a Day.
Disney has a long-standing history of compassionate support of children that can be traced back to Walt Disney himself, who frequently visited children in hospitals. Walt Disney World VoluntEARS carry on this tradition today. Last year, they gave more than 15,000 hours of service to support wish-granting organizations.
- News and Events Coming to Disney Summer of 2011 (chipandco.com)
- Walt Disney World Resort VoluntEARS Collect 20,000 Toys for Local Children (chipandco.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Disney Confirms Joe Biden Audio Animatronic to be added to Hall of Presidents - January 20, 2021
- Hall of Presidents is closed for refurbishment at the Magic Kingdom - January 20, 2021
- New Winnie the Pooh & Friends Collection from Build a Bear! - January 20, 2021