The excitement is reaching fever pitch here at Chip and Co. headquarters over the fact the Incredicoaster will be making its debut in just one month! This re-imagined attraction opens on June 23, 2018, at Disney California Adventure marking the first ride-through attraction in the world to feature characters from Disney•Pixar “The Incredibles.” The attraction will take guests on a wild adventure with the Parr family to capture the elusive baby Jack-Jack. Highlights of the ride will include character figures, lighting, a new soundtrack, special effects and distinctively colored vehicles!
From the moment guests enter the ride queue you’ll feel like you’ve stepped right into the world of “The Incredibles.” As the backstory goes, the Incredibles and Co. are being honored for their heroic deeds by the citizens of Municiberg and you’ve been invited to witness the inaugural launch of the new Incredicoaster. However, things go quickly awry and the unpredictable Jack-Jack vanishes. As you try to track him down, he creates chaos along the track.
At the start of the ride, Dash sprints into action in an attempt to catch Jack-Jack launching guests on an adventure with him. In the first tunnel, Jack-Jack shoots blue laser beams from his eyes and Dash must use his powers to avoid being hit. By the first climb, Elastigirl jumps in to assist by stretching flat against the tunnel walls. The third tunnel guests find Jack-Jack joyfully aflame and Violet must jump come to the rescue with her purple force field. As riders approach the final helix you’ll hear the familiar voice of Edna Mode telling the family that she has Jack-Jack safe and sound. It’s time to return to the VIP lounge for a final surprise – trust us when we say that it’s worth waiting for!
As if that wasn’t enough to get you excited about this awesome attraction, check out a handful of fun facts that are sure to put you in an Incredicoaster mood!
- The Incredicoaster will be the fastest attraction at Disneyland
- The ride will zoom across more than 6,00 feet of track (that’s almost 1 1/8 miles) making it the longest coaster at Disneyland.
- As the vehicles prepare to launches guests get to experience a fun water effect as Dash runs across the water setting up the storyline!
- Elastigirl appears in the second tube of the Incredicoaster and actually stretches herself an impressive 53 feet from head to toe in her attempts to grab baby Jack-Jack.
- 8 people were needed to haul the Mr Incredible figure up the coaster track to his final position.
- Jack-Jack appears 19 times throughout the attraction. See if you can catch them all!
- The music for the Incredicoaster was created by Academy Award-winning composer Michael Giacchino. He scored the music for both “Incredibles and “Incredibles 2.”
- The colorful mural you’ll see at the entrance to the ride was actually a result of the collaboration between Walt Disney Imagineers and Artist Teddy Newton.
Don’t miss your chance to experience this attraction for yourself when Pixar Pier officially opens on June 23rd. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Chip and Co. for the latest in Disneyland news and updates.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.