Very soon “Frozen Summer Fun” will start at Hollywood Studios. How soon you ask? June 17th! If you want to take a break from the rides or if you have a few young, or not so young, Frozen fans with you, this is the event for you. Just the name Frozen Summer Fun sounds so good on a very hot Florida day! You can start your day with the “Frozen Royal Welcome” in the morning. Then you can take in a special screening of the new adorable animated short “Frozen Fever”. Along with a few other “Frozen” activities throughout the day.
This summer-long special event features a full day of “Frozen” fun from park open to park close, including a royal procession, a sing-along celebration, fun photo opportunities, “Frozen” merchandise, specialty food and beverage offerings and a grand finale fireworks spectacular.
- Frozen Royal Welcome – Twice each day, Anna, Elsa and Kristoff take part in a festive cavalcade throughout Hollywoodland, accompanied by the Royal Arendelle Flag Corps and a flurry of skaters, skiiers and ice cutters – along with lovable snowman, Olaf. Anna leads the procession in a beautiful horse-drawn sleigh, with Elsa gliding by on a stunning, ice palace float. The entire procession pauses twice along the route in tribute to these visitors from Arendelle, as everyone in Hollywoodland is invited to join in singing “Let It Go!”
- For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration – Just in time for this year’s “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE event, this popular show moves into the beautiful Hyperion Theater (formerly Superstar Television Theater), located right in the heart of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The Royal Historians of Arendelle host a fun and comedic retelling of the unique story of their kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen,” plus all-new in-theater effects and special appearances by Anna, Elsa and Kristoff.
- Olaf’s Summer Cool Down – Several times each day, the Ambassador of Hollywoodland brings Olaf and some of his friends to the Event Stage to have a little fun with everyone “In Summer.” And as temperatures heat up, Olaf happily shares a burst from his personal snow cloud to cool things off.
- “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party – Once the sun goes down, a dance party takes over the area around the Event Stage, with DJ Chill and some of your favorite Disney characters. Using a special event hashtag, you can share song requests and photos over social media, to be featured onscreen during the party.
- “Frozen” Fireworks – As the night comes to a close, Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf come together at the Event Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen” and, of course, a flurry of snow!
“Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE starts June 17 and continues daily through September 7 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
A little background on the new short Frozen Fever:
It was created by the same team that made the original hit animated movie. “Frozen Fever” takes us back to Arendelle where Elsa has been planning the best birthday ever for her sister Anna. On the big day, though, Elsa comes down with a cold, producing some surprising and hilarious consequences.
If you went to see the live action Cinderella then you probably saw the short “Frozen Fever”. We did and we loved it. But we love everything “Frozen”. This short and a few others will be available for the first time on Digital HD, Disney Movies Anywhere, and Blu-ray on August 18th.
You can see the “Frozen Fever” short at the ABC Sound Studio, twice each hour beginning at 10 a.m. daily from June 17 – September 7.
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust