Upgrade your regular peanut butter & jelly sandwich to this decadent Friend PB&J with Bananas Sandwich from Universal Orlando Resort!
This treat can only be found during Halloween Horror Nights but you don’t have to wait until then to eat it because we have a recipe so you can recreate it at home! Plus we found the secret to this super tasty sandwich: funnel cake batter!
So just follow this easy recipe and treat yourself:
FRIED PB&J WITH BANANAS SANDWICH
Funnel cake batter
- 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of kosher salt
Fried pb&j with banana sandwich
- 2 slices of thick cut, white bread
- 1 1/2 tbsp of creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp of grape jelly
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 1 tsp of chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup of funnel cake batter
- 1 tbsp of powdered sugar
- Canola oil (around 48oz)
Funnel cake batter
- In a large bowl, mix the milk and eggs together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Next, stir the bowl of dry ingredients into the large bowl of wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Set aside for later.
Fried pb&j with bananas sandwich
- Preheat a large, heavy bottomed pot or large fry pan with canola oil until it reaches 350 degrees (use candy thermometer to check temp).
- You can also use a dutch oven or stock pot to fry as well.
- For the canola oil, you’ll want around 2 inches or so. You cant to be able to fully submerge the sandwich in the oil.
- If you don’t have a candy thermometer, you can tell the oil is ready when it’s shimmering with a whiff of smoke.
- Spread creamy peanut butter evenly on one slice of bread.
- Spread grape jelly evenly on another slice of bread.
- This is very important: Pause to lick any peanut butter or jelly you may have gotten on your fingers.
- Slice the banana and place onto the piece of bread with the peanut butter.
- Close sandwich and submerge into the bowl of funnel cake batter until completely covered.
- Place the sandwich into the preheated oil but be careful! Use tongs or a large slotted spoon.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from oil and place onto paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Drizzle as much chocolate syrup as you’d like and garnish with powdered sugar and done!
Credit: Universal Orlando Resort
- You Can Order A Virgin Mai Tai Frappuccino At Starbucks! - June 16, 2021
- Change Your Fate With These Brave Banana Cherry Teacakes! - June 15, 2021
- Wakey Wakey Vegan Hash Recipe To Start Your Day! - June 14, 2021