Hello Disney Parks fans! My Walt Disney World Vacation is coming up in just over 45 days!!! I am so excited and I cannot wait to be walking right down the middle of Main Street USA. Of course, I have already booked my FastPass+ options. No, I didn’t stay up until midnight waiting for my reservation options to open up. I woke up at 6am instead.
People ask me all the time what FastPass+ options are the best and what options that should skip out on and take their chances at the park with. I decided to put together a new series of posts just for this very topic.
Knowing what FastPass+ choices is a great idea and which ones are a waste of a selection will save you a ton of time and frustration later on in the parks.
Here are my suggestions for what FastPass+ options to book and what options to skip.
- Seven Dwarf Mine Train
- This is the newest attraction at Magic Kingdom and the lines are known for being extremely long. If you don’t feel like waiting in a 70 minute queue, grab a FastPass+ for this coaster
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- This attraction has always had very long wait times, but ever since it’s refurbishment, the wait times have been taken to a whole new level. Grab a FastPass+ and fly to Neverland much quicker.
- Princess Fairytale Hall: Meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen
- Frozen fans range from everyone ages 2 to 200. To meet Anna and Elsa, you can expect to wait in line for more than an hour if you don’t have a FastPass+. Now, these FastPasses are notoriously hard to get, so you want to make sure that you have one, consider being that person that logs in a midnight to book their FastPasses.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Depending on the time of year, this coaster can have very long waits, and to me, this area of the park just always seems hotter than the other areas. Maybe I’m subconsciously putting myself in the Frontier, but I like to grab a FastPass for this attraction and skip the hot line.
- Space Mountain
- Space Mountain is one of the most popular attractions at Magic Kingdom. I have been to the parks where I was able to walk right on to Space Mountain, and I have been there where I’ve waited for 75 minutes. Considering that I like to ride this one multiple times during my trip, I try to grab at least one FastPass option for this.
- Enchanted Tales with Bell
- This attraction is great because you get to meet Belle and experience a “show” all in one. The later I gets at the parks the shorter the lines for this attraction will become, but if you want to check this out earlier in the day, consider picking up a FastPass.
- Festival of Fantasy Parade
- I know that some people really love the new option of booking FastPasses for parades and firework events. I’m old school and I like to just get there early with my cotton candy and stake out a good spot.
- It’s a Small World
- I have never waited longer than 30 minutes for this attraction. The line moves pretty quickly for this one. If you notice a high wait time, check back in an hour or so and you may find a much shorter stand-by wait time.
- Mad Tea Party
- Again, I’ve never seen a long stand-by queue for this attraction and as the night goes on the line gets shorter. I think riding at night is more fun anyways.
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- The queue for this is almost entirely indoors where it is air-conditioned. If you have to wait for an attraction, pick to wait in air conditioned lines.
- Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor
- See reasoning for Mickey’s PhilharMagic and soak up at that AC while you can.
I hope these tips help you when you are booking your FastPass+ options either before your trip or during your stay at the parks.
What attractions do you always try to book FastPass+ for? Let me know in the comments!
Monica is an Alumna of the Disney College Program. When she is not walking down the middle of Main Street USA you can find her wandering the World Showcase, or enjoying a Dole Whip while racing to her favorite attractions. When she is forced to endure life outside of Walt Disney World, you can find her in Ann Arbor, Michigan where she lives and works. You can visit her Disney lifestyle blog here.
Latest posts by Monica V (see all)
- Sneak Peak of Magic Kingdom 45th Anniversary Merchandise - May 19, 2016
- Top 10 Unique Experiences at Walt Disney World - May 14, 2016
- 15 Tips and Tricks for Mastering Disney World Transportation - April 27, 2016