Get ready for some super new taste sensations when the BoardWalk Bakery reopens bright and early this morning – 6:30 a.m. to be exact.
“The new location is twice the size of the original bakery, themed to the 1920s Jersey shore,” says John Berko, manager of food & beverage at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn and Villas. Dark wood and colorful tiles and mosaics add a new brightness to the space.
Beyond sweets, the new menu includes hot breakfast items, salads and sandwiches – like a Maine lobster roll and a pork loin sandwich with creamy apple slaw.
But it’s the sweets that get the most attention, and plenty of favorites are back, including chocolate croissants, cupcakes and cinnamon. Newcomers include eclairs, cannoli, salted caramel ganache and an amazing peanut butter-banana-candied Nueske’s bacon pie. We begged for the recipe, and already made this one at home. There’s not a morsel left.
The bakery is open daily from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m., and is Disney Dining Plan eligible.
Peanut Butter-Banana-Applewood Smoked Candied Bacon Pie
Makes 9-inch pie
3 thick slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 9-inch store-bought chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper, and place a wire rack over the baking
- Coat bacon on both sides with brown sugar. Place on rack and bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until crispy, depending on thickness of bacon.
- Remove from oven. Once cooled, dice and set aside.
- Cream together peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar until smooth.
- Whip cream to soft peaks in a separate bowl; gently fold into peanut butter mixture.
- Fill pie shell halfway with mixture, then evenly top with banana slices. Top slices with remaining mixture.
Sprinkle with chopped bacon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
- Walt Disney World Resort Refurbishments Update for May 2013 (chipandco.com)
- New Foods Debuting at Walt Disney World Resort (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!
One thought on “Expanded BoardWalk Bakery Reopens at WDW today with New Treats”
So glad they made this bigger! It was so tiny before! Anxious to check it out.
Comments are closed.