Everything You Need To Know About Disney+. Starting November 12, 2019, members of Disney+ will be able to stream Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, and National Geographic content like never before. Here is everything you need to know about Disney+ to be an expert before it launches this November.
How does Disney+ work? The Disney+ app experience, available to consumers on November 12, will feature:
- Downloads: Subscribers have access to unlimited downloads of shows and movies on the Disney+ app to watch offline later on up to 10 mobile or tablet devices, with no constraints on the number of times a title can be downloaded per year. Once downloaded, subscribers can watch on the go and without an internet connection. The number of titles stored at one time on a device is dependent upon the available storage space on a subscriber’s device.
- High-Quality Viewing: Subscribers will enjoy an ultra-high-definition viewing experience with up to 4K Ultra HD video playback in Dolby Vision ultra-vivid imaging, HDR10, and Dolby Atmos immersive audio on supported devices for available programming.
- Commercial-free Viewing: Subscribers can access unlimited viewing of Disney+ content without having to watch a single commercial.
- Profile Customizations: Subscribers can set up to seven different profiles and choose an avatar tailored to their favorite Disney, Pixar, Marvel or Star Wars characters, with over 200 avatars available.
- Concurrent Streaming: Disney+ allows subscribers to concurrently stream video content on up to four registered devices with no up-charges.
- Multiple Languages: At launch, Disney+ will offer support for English, Spanish, French and Dutch languages, including both user interface as well as audio support and/or subtitles for library content, with additional languages available for Disney+ Originals.
- Accessibility: The app offers support for closed captioning, descriptive audio, and navigation assistance to help subscribers with disabilities discover and enjoy their favorite stories.
Disney+ will NOT include R-rated content on the stream to remain friendly for the whole family.
How Much Does Disney+ Cost? Disney+ will be available via the following price points:
- U.S.: $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year
- Canada: $8.99 CAD per month or $89.99 per year
- The Netherlands: €6.99 per month or €69.99 per year
- Australia: $8.99 AUD per month or $89.99 per year
- New Zealand: $9.99 NZD per month or $99.99 per year
How Can I Access Disney+? Disney+ will be available on a variety of mobile and connected devices, including gaming consoles, streaming media players, and smart TVs. Consumers in the U.S. can also select a bundled offering that includes Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu—for just $12.99! At launch, consumers in the U.S. will be able to subscribe to Disney+ directly or via in-app purchase. Then, they can stream from the following partner platforms and devices:
- Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV, and fully integrated with the Apple TV app; customers can subscribe to Disney+ via in-app purchase)
- Google (Android phones, Android TV devices, Google Chromecast, and Chromecast built-in devices)
- Microsoft (Xbox One)
- Sony/Sony Interactive Entertainment (all Android-based Sony TVs and PlayStation®4)
- Roku (Roku® streaming players and Roku TV™ models)
What Will Exclusively Be Available on Disney+? “With less than three months until launch, Disney+ will soon entertain and inspire audiences of all ages for generations to come, and we’re excited to preview some of the amazing original content being created for the service exclusively from our world-class brands today at the D23 Expo,” said Kevin Mayer, chairman, Direct-to-Consumer & International. “Storytelling is the cornerstone of The Walt Disney Company, and we’re thrilled to unveil a new slate of original shows from the Star Wars and Marvel cinematic universes, along with popular television franchises set to return with all-new series streaming only on Disney+.”
- Flora & Ulysses (TBD)
- Lady and the Tramp (available at launch)
- Noelle (available at launch)
- The Phineas and Ferb Movie (working title, year one)
- Secret Society of Second Born Royals (year one)
- Stargirl (year one)
- Timmy Failure (year one)
- and Togo (year one)
- Diary of a Female President (year one)
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier (year one)
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (available at launch)
- Love, Simon (TBD)
- The Mandalorian (available at launch)
- Untitled Cassian Andor Series (year two)
- Untitled Obi-Wan Kenobi Series (TBD)
- WandaVision (year two)
- Loki (TBD)
- Chip ‘n’ Dale (year one)
- Forky Asks a Question (available at launch)
- Lamp Life (year one)
- Marvel’s What If…?(year one)
- Monsters at Work (year one)
- Short Circuit (year one)
- SparkShorts (available at launch)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (year one)
Documentaries, Unscripted Series, and Live Specials:
- Be Our Chef(year one)
- Dolphin Reef (year one)
- Earthkeepers (working title, year two)
- Encore! (available at launch)
- Ink & Paint (year two)
- Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2 (year one)
- Magic of Animal Kingdom (year one)
- Marvel’s 616 (year one)
- Marvel’s Hero Project (available at launch)
- Prop Culture (year one)
- (Re)Connect (year one)
- Rogue Trip (year one)
- Shop Class (working title, year one)
- Untitled Walt Disney Imagineering Series (available at launch)
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum (available at launch)
During the 2019 D23 Expo, Ewan McGregor made a surprise appearance and announced his return as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a new untitled series from Lucasfilm. Kevin Feige also teased Marvel Studios is developing three new live-action series: Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, and She-Hulk, all derived from Marvel comics. Hilary Duff revealed she will reprise her role in an all-new Lizzie McGuire series from Terri Minsky. Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, and the gang promised they will be bringing a new kind of mayhem and laughter to Disney+ with their first-ever unscripted short-form series, Muppets Now.
Guests were also the first to learn about One Day at Disney, a collaboration between Disney+ and Disney Publishing Worldwide showcasing the talents of people all over The Walt Disney Company. Both the book and documentary will arrive on December 3.
What Previous Films will be Available to Stream? Recent releases including Captain Marvel, Dumbo, Avengers: Endgame, Aladdin, Toy Story 4, and The Lion King, as well as the upcoming films Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, Frozen 2, and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, will call Disney+ home. By the end of year one, Disney+ will house more than 7,500 episodes of television and 500 movies!
Here is a sample of what will be offered when Disney+ launches!
- 101 Dalmatians
- A Bug’s Life
- A Goofy Movie
- An Extremely Goofy Movie
- Big Hero 6
- Born in China
- Finding Dory
- Finding Nemo
- Free Solo
- Fun and Fancy Free
- High School Musical
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
- Inside Out
- Iron Man
- Lady and the Tramp
- Lilo & Stitch
- Mary Poppins
- Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas
- Monsters University
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- Pixar Short Films Collection Vol. 1
- Remember the Titans
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Sleeping Beauty
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: A New Hope
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Steamboat Willie
- The Good Dinosaur
- The Incredibles
- The Little Mermaid
- The Parent Trap (1961)
- The Prince and The Pauper (1990)
- The Princess Diaries
- The Rocketeer
- The Sorcerer’s Apprentice (Short)
- The Sword in the Stone
- The Three Caballeros
- Thor: The Dark World
- Toy Story
- Tron (1982)
And that is just a few of the MANY titles that will be available to stream immediately.
Which Television Series will be Available to Stream? Some of the shows that will be available to stream on Disney+ include shows from ABC, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, National Geographic, and more. Some of the titles available at launch include:
- Amazing Planet
- Andi Mack
- Boy Meets World
- Brain Games
- Dog Whisperer With Cesar Milan
- Dr. K’s Exotic Animals
- Dr. Oakley Yukon Vet
- Drain the Ocean
- DuckTales (1987)
- DuckTales (2016)
- Earth Live
- Goof Troop
- Great Migrations
- Howie Mandel’s Animals Doing Things
- Kim Possible
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man
- Mickey and the Roadster Racers (Seasons One and Two)
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Mickey Mouse Shorts
- One Strange Rock
- Raven’s Home
- Rocky Mountain Animal Rescue
- Star Wars Rebels
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- That’s So Raven
- The Incredible Dr. Pol
- The Simpsons
- Unlikely Animal Friends
- Wicked Tuna
If you don’t see your favorite films or shows, don’t worry! Disney+ will contain over 7,500 episodes of content and over 500 films before the end of year one! Your favorite titles may be on the waitlist due to prior contracts wrapping up before they can join the streaming service.
Can I Follow Disney+ on Social Media?
Disney launched accounts for the streaming service in five countries on August 19. Here is where you can find links to the official Disney+ accounts:
- U.S. and Canada: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- The Netherlands: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Australia: Facebook, Instagram
- New Zealand: Facebook, Instagram
Disney+ is set to launch in the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands on November 12, 2019, followed by a launch in Australia and New Zealand on November 19, 2019. A direct-to-consumer, ad-free experience featuring original feature films, documentaries, scripted and unscripted series, and short-form content, along with unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of films and television series, Disney+ will also be the exclusive streaming home for movies released by The Walt Disney Studios in 2019.
Be sure to check back here at Chip and Company for all things Disney+!
Photo Credit: Disney/Marvel Studios/Lucasfilm/Disney-Pixar/D23For more Disney News follow us on Instagram @chipandco on Twitter @chipandcompany and on Facebook or Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.