Walt Disney World has to be one of the coolest places to celebrate Halloween and Magic Kingdom sure knows how to throw one heck of a party. Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween party is a hard ticket event that is held at the Magic Kingdom on select nights September 2 – October 21, 2016 from 7pm – 12am. Guests can enter the park as early as 4pm on the day of the event and will need to wear a special wristband for the duration of the party.
2016 Dates and Pricing
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will be held on 29 dates this year:
- September 2, 8, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 29, 30
- October 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31.
September 2, 8, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 25 – $72.00 plus tax age 10+, $67.00 plus tax age 3-9 in advance, $79.00/$74 same-day. Annual Passholder and DVC Member discount: $67 plus tax age 10+, $62 plus tax age 3-9.
September 29, 30 – $79.00 plus tax age 10+, $74.00 plus tax age 3-9 in advance, $88/$83.00 same-day. Annual Passholder and DVC Member discount: $73 plus tax age 10+, $68 plus tax age 3-9.
September 23 – $85.00 plus tax age 10+, $80.00 plus tax age 3-9. Annual Passholder and DVC Member discount: $78 plus tax age 10+, $73 plus tax age 3-9.
October 2, 6 – $86.00 plus tax age 10+, $81.00 plus tax age 3-9 in advance, $95.00/$90 same-day. Annual Passholder and DVC Member discount: $80 plus tax age 10+, $75 plus tax age 3-9.
October 4, 10, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27 – $91.00 plus tax age 10+, $86.00 plus tax age 3-9 in advance, $95.00/$90 same-day. DVC Member discount: $88 plus tax age 10+, $83 plus tax age 3-9 (no discount on October 23, 25 or 27).
October 7, 14, 21, 28, 30 – $95.00 plus tax age 10+, $90.00 plus tax age 3-9.
October 31– $105.00 plus tax age 10+, $100.00 plus tax age 3-9.
Tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party can be purchased online or by calling (407) 939-5277.
Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade
The Boo-To-You Halloween Parade begins with the Headless Horseman himself, followed by a collection of fright-friendly floats featuring Disney Characters cloaked in creepy costumes. Prepare for a cauldron of grave-digging delights as the stars of the Haunted Mansion steal the spotlight in this fiendishly fun procession. Boo-lovers beware—you’re sure to have a scare-tastic time! Parades are held at 8:15pm and 11:15pm each night during the party and the second parade is typically the least crowded.
Celebrate the Magic
Disney villains, including Maleficent, Ursula, Jafar, Cruella de Vil and Oogie Boogie, are projected onto Cinderella’s castle each party night before the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks.
Happy HalloWishes Fireworks
Join the Haunted Mansion Ghost Host for a night filled with fiendish fireworks and Disney tunes with a wicked twist beginning at 10:00pm on party nights! The “scare-abration” gets into full swing as creepy colors crawl over Cinderella Castle and some of Disney’s most notorious villains—Maleficent, Ursula, Jafar, Cruella de Vil and Oogie Boogie—do their bloodcurdling best to steal the show.
Happy HalloWishes features a Disney soundtrack of creepy classics including:
- “Grim Grinning Ghosts” from the Haunted Mansion attraction
- “Poor Unfortunate Souls” from The Little Mermaid
- “Never Smile at a Crocodile“ from Peter Pan
- “The Skeleton Dance” from Silly Symphonies
- “Who’s Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf?” from Three Little Pigs
- “Oogie Boogie’s Song” from The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Night on Bald Mountain” from Fantasia
Happy HalloWishes Dessert Premium Package
The Happy HalloWishes Dessert Premium Package will be returning once again to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party this year. Guests can enjoy a special reserved spot on Main Street, U.S.A to view Mickey’s “Boo-To-You” Halloween Parade followed by a private dessert party with a perfect view of the Happy HalloWishes fireworks bursting above Cinderella Castle!
The Happy HalloWishes Dessert Premium Package costs $79 for adults and $47 for children (ages 3 – 9), plus tax. A separate Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party ticket is also required and is not included in the price of the package.
The package will be available on the following dates:
- September 2, 8, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 29 and 30
- October 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30 and 31
At a table draped in black tablecloth with a flickering jack-o’-lantern, dine on Halloween-themed cupcakes and desserts prepared that same day by our pastry chef, with a bountiful buffet of sweet treats like chocolate-dipped strawberries, chocolate mousse, ice cream, cheeses and fresh, seasonal fruits. Make a toast to the best ghost at your table with sparkling cider, signature lemonades, specialty Halloween drinks, hot chocolate, coffee or tea—and then marvel as the sky above explodes with color, music and light!
Check-In Times and Locations
- Guests who have purchased the Happy HalloWishes Dessert Premium Package may check in from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM at the Will Call booth outside the Magic Kingdom park Main Entrance, where they will receive a credential for identification.
- Starting at 7:30 PM, Guests will meet at the parade viewing area located by the flag pole in Town Square (inside the park after you pass under the train station) to see Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade, which will start at 8:35 PM.
- After the parade, Guests will be escorted to Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant, the location for both the dessert party and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks viewing at 10:00 PM. Guests who miss the parade viewing can check in directly at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant at 9:30 PM.
Table Service Dining
Dining reservations during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party are now available for three of the most popular table service restaurants in Magic Kingdom. Guests must purchase party tickets in order to dine at the following restaurants during the event:
- Be Our Guest
- Cinderella’s Royal Table
- Crystal Palace
When making a dinner reservation online during party dates, the message below appears:
You are making a reservation during an event which requires the purchase of a separately priced event admission ticket (e.g., Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party). Guests with theme park admission must purchase the special event admission ticket to enter or remain in park during the special event. Note: The number of tickets available is limited for special events. Events may sell out early. Special event tickets are valid only during specific event dates and hours. Tickets are nontransferable and nonrefundable.
Dining reservations are strongly recommended. To reserve your table during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, please call (407) 939-3463 or (407) WDW-DINE or book online.
This stage show debuted in 2015 and features the Sanderson Sisters from Disney’s Hocus Pocus movie on the Castle Stage. They throw an evil Halloween party with appearances by Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boggie, Maleficent and other Disney villains. The show includes special effects, projections and dancers and is held at 8:00pm, 9:20pm, 10:40pm and 12:00am on party nights.
Guests will have unlimited access to popular attractions with little to no wait times. Fastpass+ service is not available during the party but you really wouldn’t need it anyways!
Character Meet & Greets
Characters will be dressed in their Halloween costumes and available to meet from 7:00pm until approximately 11:30pm throughout the park. You can even find some of the more uncommon characters during the party such as all of the Seven Dwarfs and Jack Skellington and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Be sure to head over to the Haunted Mansion for a chance to meet and talk with Madame Carlotta…it’s very amusing!
Disney has recently updated their costume guidelines. Although guests are still allowed to dress up there are some rules to keep in mind:
- Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
For Guests ages 13 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests ages 14 and older:
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- May not wear masks of any kind
Candy stations are located throughout the Magic Kingdom and both kids and adults can fill their treat bags to their little hearts content. Treat bags will be handed out as you enter the park. Allergy free treats are available upon request at City Hall located on Main Street, U.S.A.
-Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Dock to Tom Sawyer Island
- Liberty Square
-Liberty Square Riverboat
-Peter Pan’s Flight
-Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
-Fantasyland Treat Trail
-Pete’s Silly Sideshow
-Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
-Stitch’s Great Escape!
Special Halloween Treats
Dining is available at select quick service and snack locations throughout the park but may be very limited. Special Halloween themed treats can be found at the following locations:
- Main Street Bakery – Spider Cupcakes and Monster Cupcakes
- Main Street Bakery – Halloween Cookie
- Plaza Ice Cream Parlor – Halloween Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- Storybook Treats – Candy Corn Soft Serve Ice Cream
- Gaston’s Tavern – Ghost Cupcakes
- Outdoor Vending Carts – Candy Corn Cotton Candy
Limited edition Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party merchandise will be for sale including trading pins, t-shirts, MagicBands and other cool collectibles. Find your spooky souvenirs at the following locations:
- Emporium – Main Street, U.S.A. (T-shirts & magicbands)
- Frontier Trading Post – Frontierland (Pins only)
- Mickey’s Star Traders – Tomorrowland (T-shirts)
- Box Office Gifts (MagicBands)
PhotoPass Magic Shots
Photopass Photographers will be on hand to take your photos and there are a few Halloween themed Magic Shots available throughout the park. Have your picture taken with hitchhiking ghosts, a boiling cauldron and a ghost hearse driver.
Take part in a Halloween dance party over in Tomorrowland at the Rockettower Plaza Stage. The Scream-O-Ween Ball was hosted by Mike Wazokski, from “Monsters, Inc.” last year.
Exclusive Halloween Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is a role-playing game that takes you around the park to help Merlin solve a series of clues—and prevent Disney Villains from taking over Magic Kingdom.
Ultimate Halloween Makeover
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique – Make your little princess or prince’s Halloween dreams come true with a princess or knight package at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. The salon is located inside Cinderella’s castle and guests must be between 3 and 12 years old to participate. Reservations can be made by calling (407) 939-7895 up to 180 days in advance.
Pirate’s League – Sign up for the ultimate pirate, empress or mermaid makeover at Pirate’s League, located in Adventureland by Pirates of the Caribbean attractions. Children must be at least 3 years old to participate and adults are welcome too. Reservations can be made by calling (407) 939-2739 up to 180 days in advance.
If you would like to attend Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom this fall, then contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my Facebook page here to get started. All of my Walt Disney World Resort planning services are 100% FREE.
Photo Credit: wdwnews.com and Disney
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.