Earlier this evening we announced the all-new Daytime show coming to Epcot’s World Showcase Lagoon. If that wasn’t big enough news for you it was also announced at D23’s Fantastic Worlds Celebration event in the EPCOT – The Magic of Possibility panel that the new Spaceship Earth Fountains will be getting some very cool lighting effects.
Gleaming pylons are part of the new fountain in development at the base of Spaceship Earth in EPCOT at Walt Disney World Resort.
When the fountain is completed later this year, it will have a new lighting package as part of the new welcome experience for guests as they enter the park.
To see the D23’s Fantastic Worlds Celebration – EPCOT – The Magic of Possibility presentation we have the video for you below.
Disney released a few more details on the changes coming to Epcot (most we already knew about):
- World Showcase will continue to be a celebration of culture, cuisine, architecture and traditions – infused with new magic.
- The France pavilion will feature the much-anticipated attraction Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, where guests will shrink to the size of Chef Remy and race through Gusteau’s restaurant on a wild adventure. Joining this family-friendly experience in the France pavilion will be a delicious new restaurant, La Crêperie de Paris, offering both table- and quick-service options and a menu from celebrity chef Jérôme Bocuse.
- Also in the France pavilion, the classic “Impressions de France” film is now joined by the new “Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along,” directed by Don Hahn, producer of both the animated and live-action versions of this tale as old as time.
- “Harmonious” will be one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for a Disney park. It will celebrate the way Disney music inspires people the world over, carrying them away harmoniously on a stream of familiar songs reinterpreted by a culturally diverse group of artists from around the globe. “Harmonious” will feature massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics, lasers and more.
- “Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” is now playing in the Canada pavilion with new scenes, a new musical score by Canadian composer Andrew Lockington and new narration by award-winning actors Catherine O’Hara and Eugene Levy.
- Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue, the new fast-casual restaurant at The American Adventure pavilion, serves classic American backyard barbecue and home-style craft brews. The restaurant takes its name from Sam Eagle; the beloved Muppet hosts a centennial cook-off – a salute to all cook-offs … but mostly barbecue.
- World Celebration will offer new experiences that connect guests to one another and the world around them.
- The EPCOT entrance plaza is transforming, welcoming guests with new pathways and sweeping green spaces that beautify the entryway. Bridging the past, present and future of EPCOT will be a new fountain at the base of Spaceship Earth featuring three majestic new pylons.
- As guests pass Spaceship Earth, they will discover a breathtaking new view of World Showcase from Dreamers Point. World Celebration will also feature a new statue honoring the legacy of the original dreamer, Walt Disney, plus beautiful natural environments and global design elements filled with Disney magic and surprises, including a story fountain celebrating the power and music of iconic Disney storytelling.
- Surrounding this enchanted garden will be new retail and dining locations, along with a newly reimagined festival area that will be home to ever-changing events in a unique new environment.
- World Nature will be dedicated to understanding and preserving the beauty, awe and balance of the natural world. It will include The Land and The Seas with Nemo & Friends pavilions.
- Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana will be the first Disney Parks experience inspired by the hit Walt Disney Animation Studios film. This lush exploration trail will invite guests to meet and play with magical, living water. Just like Moana’s friend the ocean, water will have a personality of its own, helping guests learn how to protect the natural water cycle in a fun and engaging way.
- The Land pavilion’s new film, “Awesome Planet,” showcases the beauty, diversity and dynamic story of Earth. The 10-minute show features in-theater effects and an original musical score from Academy Award-winning® composer Steven Price.
- In World Discovery, stories about science, technology and intergalactic adventure come to life.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be the first “other-world” showcase pavilion at EPCOT. The adventure starts in the Galaxarium, a planetarium-like exhibition that explores the similarities and mysteries of the formation of Earth’s galaxy and Xandar. Guests will be invited to learn more about the treasures Xandar has to share – until the moment when the Guardians of the Galaxy arrive, and adventures across the cosmos ensue. The attraction will feature a new innovation from Walt Disney Imagineering – a storytelling coaster that rotates 360 degrees to focus guests on the action, including the first reverse launch on a Disney coaster.
- In an expansion of the Mission: SPACE pavilion, the new restaurant Space 220 will be a culinary experience offering the celestial panorama of a space station, including daytime and nighttime views of Earth from 220 miles up. Guests will board a space elevator for a journey to the Centauri Space Station, home to an incredible dining experience. Along the way, viewports will give guests real-time perspective as they travel high above the planet. Once they arrive, guests will enjoy fantastic meals and drinks while taking in views that are truly out of this world. Space 220 will be operated by the Patina Restaurant Group.
Guests can visualize these exciting plans for EPCOT at Walt Disney Imagineering presents the EPCOT Experience in the Odyssey Events Pavilion. Here they discover engaging and interactive exhibits that showcase the relentless innovation, energy and excitement driving the park’s future throughout this unprecedented period of transformation. More information on other previously announced experiences coming to EPCOT will be provided at a later date.
(David Roark, photographer)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Tim Allen reprises his role as Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor on Last Man Standing - December 4, 2020
- Two new baby Giraffes join the herd at Disney’s Animal Kingdom - December 4, 2020
- Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures through February 2021 - December 4, 2020