The weather is warming up and soon spring will be sprung! That means it’s time for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival!
The 2012 show will run from March 7th to May 20th this year and will offer all the floral grandeur of years past and then some.
When you think of the Flower and Garden festival the photos of the Disney topiaries probably come to mind, wondering why you should go to Disney to look at some flowers? Well, there’s more to the Flower and Garden festival than just the topiaries; quite a bit more actually!
The festival is presented by HGTV and they are proud to bring educational presentations, themed weekends, special displays and other fun activities!
Educational Presentations-Put your learning caps on and get your green thumb ready!
- HGTV Designers Stage-Informative and entertaining presentations from nationally recognized garden personalities. These take place at noon and 3:00pm Monday through Thursday at the Festival Center.
- Greenhouse Stage-Tips and tricks from gardening experts on various topics. These take place at 11am and 2pm daily at the Festival Center
- Planting Pointers-Learn from the gardening experts at the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences at the University of Florida. Topics vary daily and are offered at 1:00pm and 4:00pm daily.
- Ask an Expert: Master gardeners from the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences at the University of Florida answer your gardening questions. This is available 10:00am to 5:00pm daily at the Festival Center
- Art in the Garden-(March 23rd to 25th) “Plein air” artists bring one-of-a-kind works of art to the World Showcase.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Specialists-(April 13th to 15th)-Animal Kingdom experts talk about the indigenous insects that are part of our world.
- Florida Federation of Garden Clubs: (April 27th to 29th)-View amazing arrangements brought to you by the Florida Federation of Garden Clubs!
- Fresh from Florida Weekend-(May 4th to 6th)-The bounty of Florida from Apalachiocla to Zellwood
- Bambi’s Butterfly House-Hundreds of native butterflies accompany your favorite Bambi characters in the topiary at Imagination Walkway
- Sustainable Beauty-A showcase of sustainable gardens you can try at home!
- English Tea Garden-(presented by Twinings of London Tea)-20-minute tour of the art of tea blending feature classic tea blends and new herbal teas. Tours are Monday through Thursday at 4:00pm and 6:00pm and Friday through Sunday 2:00pm, 4:00pm and 6:30pm. Register for your guided tour at the Tea Caddy (United Kingdom Pavilion)
Unique Gardens on display in the Park
- Bonsai Collection-Japan Pavilion
- Festival Blooms-Future World East and West Lake
- Kid Garden-to be announced
- Orchids-Mexico Pavilion
- Spice and Herb Garden-Morocco Pavilion
- Water Wise Herbs and Vegetables
- Epcot Gardens of the World Tour: 3-hour tour by a Disney horticulturist available Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00am to 12:00 noon. Register at Guest Relations or call (407) WDW-TOUR. Cost is $60.00 including tax and theme park admission is required. Guest 16 and older only please. Price of tour is subject to change.
- Let’s Get Moving: (located at Imagination Walkway)-Play structures from Evos play systems for ages 6+ and Weevos play systems for ages 2-5.
- Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden: (Located at Imagination Walkway) Look for your favorite Disney characters in topiary form as you explore the garden world of Pixie Hollow. Play structures available for ages 2-5. *Gardens with play structures close daily at dusk
- Sounds of Nature: Listen to the soothing sounds of nature next to the Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden
Flower Power Concert Series
- Where?-America Gardens Theater at World Showcase
- When?-Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 5:15pm, 6:30pm and 7:45pm
- Jose Feliciano (“Light My Fire”)-March 9th to March 11th
- Starship Starring Mickey Thomas (“We Built This City”)-March 16th to March 18th
- The Guess Who (“American Woman”)-March 23rd to 25th
- The Spinners (“Cupid”)-March 30th to April 1st
- Chubby Checker and the Wildcats (“The Twist”)-April 6th to April 8th
- Paul Revere and the Raiders (“Good Thing”)-April 13th to April 15th
- The Turtles Featuring Flo and Eddie (“Happy Together”)-April 20th to 22nd
- Chuck Negron (Formerly of Three Dog Night)(“Joy to the World”)-April 27th to April 29th
- The Orchestra (Featuring former members of ELO and ELO Part II)(“Don’t Bring Me Down”)-May 4th to May 6th
- Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone (“I’m Henry VIII, I AM”)-May 11th to May 13th
- Davy Jones (“I’m a believer”)-May 18th to 20th
- Note: Epcot theme park admission is required for all events at the Flower and Garden Festival. Entertainment is subject to change without notice. All songs listed are for artist recognition only and may not be included in the playlist
***Pixie Exclusive Offer for Flower and Garden Festival!***
Save up to $834 on your trip for Flower and Garden Festival!
- Book by March 21st for travel April 21st to April 26th
- Packages Include:
- Accommodations at a Disney Resort
- Magic Your Way Base Tickets (Hopper Option Available)
- Disney’s Plus Dining Plan
- A FREE DisneyQuest or Disney Water Park Ticket
- Sample Pricing: $111 per person per day for a family of 4 at a Moderate Resort with the package as listed above!
- Resorts Available:
- Coronado Springs (Moderate)
- Contemporary (Deluxe)
- Polynesian (Deluxe)
- Beach Club (Deluxe)
- Saratoga Springs (Deluxe Villa)
- Bay Lake Tower (Deluxe Villa)
Contact me for availability and for your free quote! Mention code EFG12 and ask me about other dates and rates! Michele@PixieVacations.com
- Coming Soon! Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival March 7-May 20 (chipandco.com)
- 2012 Flower Power Concert Series at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!