Let’s get down to business and enjoy a delicious Dragon Fired Sesame Tofu Bowl fit for warriors!
If you are looking for a different option for lunch or dinner that is both healthy and tasty then this bowl is perfect! It features marinated grilled tofu and pineapple layered on top of quinoa and veggies creating a wonderful bowl inspired by Mulan.
This recipe from Dole is part of Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration that encourage princesses around the world to eat healthier in a magical way. If you would like to recreate this bowl at home, just follow this recipe below:
DRAGON FIRED SESAME TOFU BOWL
- 1 package (14oz) of extra firm tofu, drained
- 1 cup of dry quinoa
- 1 (1-inch) piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp of less-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 4 (8-inch) wooden skewers
- 1/4 Dole Pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced 1/2 inch thick crosswise
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 Dole Avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup of plain dairy free soy yogurt alternative
- 1/4 tsp of kosher salt
- 2 Dole green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup of frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 tsp of toasted sesame seeds
- Wrap tofu with paper towels and place on a plate; top with a second plate and weigh down with a heavy object. Let tofu stand 15 minutes; cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Prepare quinoa as label directs; cool completely.
- Whisk ginger, soy sauce, vinegar and oil in a large bowl; add tofu and gently toss. Cover bowl and let stand at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Soak skewers in water 20 minutes. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Remove tofu from marinade; reserve marinade. Thread tofu onto skewers; place on hot grill rack, cover and cook 10 minutes or until grill marks appear and tofu is crisp, turning every 2 minutes 30 seconds.
- Spray both sides of pineapple with nonstick cooking spray; place on hot grill rack, cover and cook 4 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once.
- Mash avocado with a fork in a medium bowl; whisk in yogurt alternative and salt.
- Divide quinoa into 4 bowls; top with onions, pepper, corn, tofu, pineapple and avocado mixture. Drizzle bowls with reserved marinade and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
You can enjoy this flavorful Dragon Fired Sesame Tofu Bowl while watching Mulan on Disney Plus!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Delicious Pumpkin Milkshake From Disney’s Wilderness Lodge To Enjoy This Fall! - September 2, 2021
- Disney & Dole Honor Girl Scout Hawaii Winner For Her Courage And Kindness! - September 2, 2021
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins From Disneyland You Can Make At Home! - August 31, 2021