Start planning your feast with these Gluten-Free Thanksgiving recipes!
In honor of November’s designation as “National Gluten-Free Diet Awareness Month”, Dole Food Company is sharing some gluten-free thanksgiving recipes for those embracing this lifestyle. Plus some of them are also vegetarian and vegan!
Disney and Dole teamed up once again to create these tasty dishes and prove once again that you can eat healthy without sacrificing the classic tastes and flavors we all love. Take a look at these delicious recipes:
GRAND PABBIE TROLL TURKEY DINNER IN A PAN
- 1 boneless, skinless turkey breast (about 2 pounds), thawed if necessary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp salt free poultry seasoning
- 1 large Dole sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups halved Dole brussels sprouts
- 2 medium Dole carrots, sliced crosswise
- 2 cups Dole of broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups of trimmed fresh green beans
- 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup of reduced sugar dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place turkey on 1 side of rimmed baking pan. Whisk garlic, 1/2 tbsp of oil, 1/2 tsp of salt and poultry seasoning in a small bowl; rub over turkey. Bake turkey 20 minutes.
- Toss potato, cinnamon and 1/2 tbsp of oil in a medium bowl; place on pan opposite turkey. Toss brussels sprouts and 1/2 tbsp oil in same medium bowl; place on pan opposite turkey next to potato. Sprinkle potatoes and Brussels sprouts mixture with 1/2 tsp salt; bake 20 minutes.
- Toss carrots, broccoli, green beans, pepper and remaining 1/2 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl. Push potato and Brussels sprouts mixtures separately around turkey; spread carrot mixture on opposite side. Bake 20 minutes; sprinkle potato mixture with pecans and cranberries. Bake 15 minutes or until internal temperature of turkey reaches 165F and vegetables are tender; let turkey stand 5 minutes before slicing. Makes about 6 cups vegetables.
SWEET APPLE-TOUILLE REMAKINS
- 1 Dole banana, peeled
- 1/4 cup of plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 1 tsp of rum extract
- 1/2 tsp of gluten free ground cinnamon
- Gluten free nonstick cooking spray
- 2 Dole green and/or red apples, halved, cored and sliced 1/8 inch thick crosswise (about 80 slices)
- 1 large Bosc pear, halved, cored and sliced 1/8 inch thick crosswise (about 40 slices)
- Preheat oven to 350F; spray 6 (8oz) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Puree banana, yogurt, 1/2 tbsp of sugar, rum extract and 1/4 tsp cinnamon in a food processor on high 1 minutes or until smooth; divide into ramekins. Makes about 1 cup.
- Alternately layer apple and pear slices in ramekins; sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp of sugar and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Bake ramekins 30 minutes or until fruit is tender. Makes 6 ramekins.
BANANA-PECAN STREUSEL PIE WITH SWEET POTATO CRUST
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium Dole sweet potato, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 Dole bananas, sliced
- 2 cups of pecan halves
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tbsp natural buttery spread with olive oil, melted
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 9inch pie plate with nonstick cooing spray. Arrange sweet potato slices in circular, overlapping single layer on bottom and up sides of pan; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes or until edges of sweet potatoes are just starting to brown. Remove crust from oven; reduce temperature to 350F.
- Layer 2 bananas and 1 cup pecans over crust. Mash remaining banana in a medium bowl; whisk in eggs, 3 tbsp of buttery spread, honey and vanilla extract. Pour egg mixture over bananas and peans. Bake pie 20 minutes or until filling is almost set.
- Stir flour, sugar, salt, and remaining 1 cup pecans and 3 tbsp of buttery spread in a small bowl; sprinkle over pie. Bake pie 15 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling set. Cool 1 hours; cut into 12 pieces.
Credit: Dole Food Company
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Dole Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Recipes Inspired By Disney And Pixar! - November 13, 2021
- What’s This? Santa Jack Skellington Cookie Pops! - November 11, 2021
- These Mickey And Minnie Candy Jar Centerpieces Are The Perfect Holiday Decor! - November 11, 2021