Everyone loves a Discount when planning their Disneyworld vacation. I for one am quite thrifty when booking my dream vacation year after year. In case you didn’t know we goto Disney every year and have been doing that since I was much much younger. We hunt all over the internet looking for deals, discounts, special offers, you name it. While some sites are legit and do offer Disney Discounts, others try to scam you into buying a book, or access to a special website.
For those of us who have been to Disney many many times and have spent countless hours researching website after website for the beloved Disney Discount this article goes out to you.
I just wanted to share with you my C&C Ohana (Family) so of the things I have learned over the years to obtain the treasured Disney Discount. And before you ask no special book or secret website access is needed.
- Tip #1 – Mousesavers – I have been using the Mousesavers Newsletter for quite a long time. Not many people know this but they are partly the reason I got into doing a Disney Website. I would read their Discounts and News stories month after month and thought how it would be nice to have a website where people could come and read about this anytime they like. Viola! Chip and Company was born.
Signup for the Mousesavers Newsletter and you to can learn about all the Disney Discounts they were able to track down. I can’t tell you how many times a month people email me asking if I could forward their newsletter. Don’t ask me why..
- Tip #2 – Use a travel Agent – Unless you live on the computer and have firefox open and about 20+ tabs running with one of them being a Disney Website (I am talking about myself here..I have 23 tabs running at the moment) your going to miss out on the Disney Special Offers that are released. Presently I am waiting on Disney to release free dining or discounted room for October of 2011 when we take our trip back home.
So with that in mind you don’t have to wait around and check the website daily if you have a Disney Authorized Travel Agent. They will do it for you with NO COST TO YOU. Let me say that again in case you missed it. NO COST TO YOU! That’s right a Disney Travel Agent is free.. There is no charge for their service and most times many of the various companies will give you a little bonus for booking with them. Try using this link if you need to find one.
This year’s vacation I am using the wonderful Pixie Vacations and is doing it part time till she passes the bar in NC. Last year we used Small World Vacations and loved the service we received from our agent Dawn who happened to live in Greensboro with us!from Chip and Company. She signed on with
You can’t swing a stick without hitting a Disney Travel Agency. This article isn’t a review of the agencies so your going to have to go out and do some research on who you would like to book with. I just know by experience that Pixie Vacations has been great and so was Small World. Take that for what it’s worth.
- Tip # 3 – Undercover Tourists – In the past when we have needed just park tickets I scoured the internet looking for them. I looked on ebay, various ticketing websites, and even thought about using one of those companies that resell used tickets. None of those options really appealed to me. I just wanted to save some money on tickets without all that hassle. Until one day I stumbled across Undercover Tourists! I did some research on the Disney Forums and found that everyone loved them. So from then on when I have needed tickets or when a friend would ask about tickets I would just send them there.
This is not to say that Maple Leaf Tickets or some of the other sites out there are bad. I had a good experience with UT and usually when I do I lock in and send my business their way.
- Tip #4 – Chip and Company – Ok so I had to plug the C&C site. Like most travel agents I hear about Disneyworld Discounts when they do, sometimes sooner. Over the years of doing the website I have made many connections in the “BIZ” and many people send emails to me and let me know about special offers coming down the pipe. I gladly welcome all mail and love getting emails from people who read the site.
That being said if a Disney Discount is out there I am all over it. One of the best things to do is if you don’t want to visit the website daily which I couldn’t image why you wouldn’t. Sign up for my Daily Newsletter and have the website delivered to your Inbox. All the articles I post every day get sent out for your viewing pleasure.
- Tip #5 – Use Google Alerts – Not many people other than my staff know this but Chip and Company is a Google News Source for Disney News. Every day Google scours our sites for Disney News stories and posts them on as Google Alerts. That is one of the secrets on how C&C was able to go from a few thousand visitors a month to almost a quarter of a million viewers a month and growing. Google Alerts is a powerful tool that you can use to find Disney Discounts and Offers.
All you have to do is goto Google Alerts Website and configure an Alert for Disneyworld Discounts, or Disneyworld Offers, and Google will scour the net each day and then email you the results. It is a very easy tool to use. I will say this though like any webcrawler it will find some junkie sites so be careful. If you have never heard of the site or if you are not happy with the link it shows you don’t click on it. It’s just like doing a Google Search but on more of a daily release basis.
Well that is all I have time for today. I know this article is longer than what I usually write. As my Disneyworld vacation gets closer stay tuned for more Disneyworld Planning 101’s.
If you have ways to get a Disney Discount let us know in the comment section below.
- Disneyworld Schedule of Events for Jan & Feb of 2011 (chipandco.com)
- Oldies But Goodies – Keeping The Vacation Affordable (chipandco.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Harmonious Centerpiece installed last night in Epcot - February 27, 2021
- Disney World updates Facemask policy – Face coverings must be worn while standing, waiting or sitting in dining locations. - February 27, 2021
- Portillo’s Orlando has a new Grand Opening Date - February 26, 2021