Disney’s magical family Adventure “Pete’s Dragon” soars home this holiday season with exciting extras on Digital HD, Blu-ray and Disney Movies Anywhere on Nov. 29.
“Pete’s Dragon,” a reimagining of Disney’s cherished family film centered on an orphaned boy named Pete and his best friend Elliot — who just so happens to be a dragon — comes home on Nov. 29 on Digital HD, Blu-ray™, Disney Movies Anywhere, DVD and On-Demand. And the timing couldn’t be better: Today’s announcement ushers in tomorrow’s World Dragon Day and the heartwarming adventure arrives just in time to entertain the entire family this holiday season.
Families will be captivated by this magical movie followed by never-before-seen bonus features, including a revealing look at director David Lowery’s personal diary kept during the filming of “Pete’s Dragon,” the design process behind the lovable dragon Elliot, deleted scenes, a tour of the film’s breathtaking production location of New Zealand, audio commentary by filmmakers and actors and hilarious bloopers.
“Pete’s Dragon” stars Bryce Dallas Howard (“Jurassic World”) as Grace, a forest ranger in the Pacific Northwest who happens upon 10-year-old Pete, played by Oakes Fegley (“This is Where I Leave You”). Oona Laurence (“Southpaw”) is Natalie, the 11-year-old daughter of Jack, a lumber-mill owner played by Wes Bentley (“The Hunger Games”). Karl Urban (“Star Trek”) is Jack’s bumbling brother Gavin and Oscar®-winner Robert Redford (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) portrays Mr. Meacham, an old wood carver who delights the local children with tales of a fierce dragon.
The film is directed by David Lowery (“Ain’t Them Bodies Saints”) from a screenplay by Lowery & Toby Halbrooks based on a screenplay by Malcolm Marmorstein and produced by Jim Whitaker, p.g.a. (“The Finest Hours”), with Barrie M. Osborne (“The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring”) serving as executive producer.
Bonus features include*:
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL HD:
- Notes to Self: A Director’s Diary – Director David Lowery narrates the personal diary he kept through the filming of “Pete’s Dragon” in this intimate and fascinating look at the movie’s making.
- Making Magic – Discover fun facts about what went into designing this spectacular, lovable dragon.
- “Disappearing” Moments – The director shares a montage of the film’s “lost” scenes.
- Welcome to New Zealand – Experience the wonders of New Zealand and learn why it’s a magical place to visit … and to make a movie.
- Audio Commentary – Gain an insider perspective from director David Lowery, co-writer Toby Halbrooks and actors Oakes Fegley and Oona Laurence.
- Music Videos
*“Nobody Knows” by The Lumineers
*“Something Wild” by Lindsey Stirling featuring Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
- Making Magic
You can reserve your copy of Pete’s Dragon today! Are you excited to bring this reimagined classic home?
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Sorcerer Mickey Ears Are Making Magic At Walt Disney World - November 28, 2020
- Adorable Disney Stockings To Add A Magical Holiday Touch - November 27, 2020
- New Holiday Champagne Minnie Ears Shimmer And Shine - November 25, 2020