Disney’s Hollywood Studios has a lot of shows that particularly appeal to seniors. But – there are other attractions that seem to appeal to the youngsters that we seniors very much love. Here are my top 5 attractions for seniors, see if you agree.
- Toy Story Midway Mania! – This one is fantastic and is loved by young and old alike. The games and themes are incredible (so is Mr. Potato Head), fun and a pleasure to play. Even if you are lucky enough to ride it many times in a day you will not tire of the good clean fun. Get there early, grab a Fast Pass and then get in the standby line. You are not too old to enjoy this!!!
- Fantasmic! – This show is and always has been one of my favorites since I saw the Disneyland version many years ago. The Walt Disney World version is spectacular and beautifully staged in an amphitheater worthy of the show’s scope. There are a couple of drawbacks particularly since the number of performances was reduced a couple of years ago.(changed back to daily through Sept 30) the crowds at the Hollywood Studios are huge on Fantasmic! day and the lines for the show are huge. Take advantage of the Fantasmic Dining Package.
- Walt Disney, One Man’s Dream – If you love Walt Disney and Disney in general, take some time to visit this attraction. It will give you an appreciation of Walter Elias Disney and what he did with what he had where he started from. It addresses all the stages of Walt’s life and the development of Disney through the years. Beautifully done!!!
- Beauty And The Beast – Live On Stage – This is another one of those do not miss stage shows appreciated by seniors. The costuming, staging, and choreography make this show an absolute delight. Sure, we all know the story of Beauty and the Beast but this show really does it justice and presents it in a very special way. See it for sure!!
- Muppet Vision 3-D – Muppets = FUN and this attraction is no exception. One thing to remember, this was Jim Henson’s final production and it retains all of the oddities and twisted little things that wandered around in his head. The man was brilliant and this show reflects his talents. Take this sojourn around Muppet Labs with the crew and have a good laugh on them
Disney’s Hollywood Studios has lots and lots of stage shows. Make sure you take the time to enjoy as many of them as possible and you will find out that Hollywood Studios is at least a “full day park” if not more. As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
- Disney’s Dining Plans, which one is best for you? (chipandco.com)
- Video: Cars 2 Meet & Greet Construction Update at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (chipandco.com)