Should you stay at Boardwalk Inn & Villas? Well it all depends on what you are looking for in a resort, how much time you will actually spend at the resort, and what types of amenities you prefer. We have stayed at all three types of resorts, Value, Moderate, and Deluxe. The resort we choose depends on what type of vacation we are taking. If we are planning on relaxing we stay at a Moderate or a Deluxe but if we are going to be spending most of our time in the parks we stay at a Value Resort.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of Disney’s Boardwalk Resort:
- The resort is beautiful and themed like you are staying on the Atlantic Boardwalk in the 1920’s.
- You can walk to two of the parks, Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as well as take a Friendship Boat.
- The Cast Members were all extremely friendly and helpful.
- The Luna Park Pool is beautiful and a fun place to spend the afternoon. There is a play area for kids with a playground as well as several hot tubs.
- There is also a quiet pool with hot tubs if you just want to relax.
Another pro is that your Resort is on the Boardwalk and can take advantage of everything it has to offer:
- There are three table service restaurants that are a short walk from the Villas, Flying Fish Cafe, Kouzzina, ESPN Club, and Big River Grill and Brewing Works.
- Quick service options include the Boardwalk Bakery and the Boardwalk Pizza Window. If you have dessert on the mind you can visit the bakery as well as Seashore Sweets. There are also carts that serve hot dogs, pretzels, and funnel cakes.
- The Boardwalk has lots of entertainment options. During the day you can rent a surrey bike. At night you can enjoy shows from magicians and jugglers, visit the Yard Arcade, or play carnival games at Midway Games & More.
- For the over 21 crowd, the Belle Vue Lounge is a great place to relax in the evening or you can visit Leaping Horse Libations at the Luna Park Pool. At night you can also walk to the Atlantic Dance Hall and Jellyrolls, a dueling piano bar.
- Bus service is shared with the Beach and Yacht Club Resorts as well as the Swan and Dolphin. This can lead to longer waits and crowded buses. We skipped them after our first day and drove to the Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Grabbing a quick breakfast before hitting the parks can be difficult since there isn’t a food court. You can visit the Belle Vue Lounge to get a Continental breakfast or head out to the Boardwalk to visit the Boardwalk Bakery.
- The Villas side to the resort is large and some rooms can be far from the elevators and lobby.
Disney’s Boardwalk Villas is a beautiful resort and a great option because of it’s location. While it’s theme is a little more subtle we loved it. We enjoyed it so much that we made sure to take the time to relax and enjoy everything it had to offer.
Would we stay here again, yes! I still want to explore some of the other resorts but I would love to be able to stay at the Boardwalk Resort again.
- Starbucks Locations Opening at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
- What is Tables in Wonderland and Where can you use it? (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!