Disney’s Boardwalk Bakery has some of the best sweets anywhere on Disney World Property. It also is a great place to grab breakfast or lunch. Whatever you come for , here are some tips on some of the best items from this special gem:
- They have some of the best donuts anywhere. But get here early, when they run out, they run out.
- Their cupcakes more specifically, the Oreo bon bon cupcake. If you loved the Oreo bon bon from the Beach Club, you will love this cupcake. Vanilla cake with an Oreo bon bon center, and yummy vanilla icing rolled in Oreo cookie with two Oreo cookie “ears”.
- One of my favorite times to come here is for lunch after a day in either Hollywood Studios or Epcot. If you go during this time, I highly recommend their Fresh Mozzarella sandwich or their Roast Turkey.
- Try them for breakfast, from the traditional cinnamon roll to apple tarts, they offer a great selection of pastries. My tip for the pastries is to stock up with drinks so that no matter where you are staying, you can have breakfast in your room. I also like how they do a great job in preparing the pastries so that they do not harden or stale fast. Lastly, they are a great stop on the way to the parks, especially when taking the boat over to Epcot or Hollywood Studios.
- Whether you are celebrating a special event, or just in the mood for some cake, getting a cake at this bakery is a must do at least once! I do not know what they do different, but it is the best cake I have ever had on property! If you want, you can even order a custom cake that can range from a simple birthday cake, to a more elaborate wedding cake. The sky is truly the limit at this bakery.
- They have some of the best salads and most variety of salads on property. I especially enjoy the iceberg lettuce salad. I also highly recommend their salads to the health conscious visitors.
Now that you have a brief overview of the Board Walk Bakery here are some tips to make the most of your visit:
- Try and visit during slower hours. The lines can get pretty long here during the morning and early afternoon as many guests utilize it for Breakfast and Lunch.
- Stock up on pastries and other breakfast favorites and have breakfast in your room covered for your stay.
- If you are ordering a cake, order it as soon as you can. Simple cakes can be ordered within 24 hours. More intricate cakes take much longer. Call the bakery directly for more information.
- I highly recommend it for break times from Hollywood Studios and Epcot. It is just a short boat away and is very relaxing.
- A cupcake a day keeps the doctor away. Not really, but the cupcakes here are numerous and the best way to taste a variety is make it a point to try a different one every night of your stay. It will be worth it.
- This is a great place to use your snack and quick service dinning plan credits!
- They have a lot of gluten free options!!!! Just ask!
- Lastly, the seating area outside is great for people watching. Grab a coffee and a pastry and watch people as they go about the resort. Also, during the evening, the boardwalk is filled with entertainment. If you want a great spot for it, this is it !
What are your favorite treats from Disney’s Board Walk Bakery? Let me know in the comments below 🙂