The Disneyland Resort theme parks remain closed but it looks like the area will be used for something else in the meantime. Disneyland will be the first super Point-of-Dispensing (POD) site for COVID-19 vaccines in Orange County.
The site is expected to open later this week and it will have the ability to vaccinate thousands of residents daily.
“The Disneyland Resort, the largest employer in the heart of Orange County, has stepped up to host the county’s first Super POD site – undertaking a monumental task in our vaccination distribution process,” said acting Chairman Andrew Do. “We truly appreciate the support of the Orange County Fire Authority, our cities, and our residents as we continue to rollout COVID-19 vaccinations throughout the county.”
Only people eligible for the vaccine will be able to get the shot and they will need an appointment. Right now, only those in the state’s Phase 1a will be able to get the vaccine. That phase includes:
- Persons at risk of exposure to SARS-CoV-2 through their work in any role in direct health care or long-term care settings.
o This population includes persons at direct risk of exposure in their non-clinical roles, such as, but not limited to, environmental services, patient transport, or interpretation.
- Residents of skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, and similar long-term care settings for older or medically vulnerable individuals.
- Anyone who is age 75 and older
“It’s important to vaccinate as many willing people as possible for COVID-19, and we need the space to do it,” said Supervisor Donald P. Wagner. “I thank Disneyland Resort and the City of Anaheim for stepping up in the shared effort to give OC residents protection against the virus.”
The Disneyland vaccination site will follow the state’s guidelines for distributing the vaccine.
“Coronavirus has brought both a public health crisis and economic devastation,” said Anaheim Mayor Harry Sidhu. “With this super site, we will begin to overcome both. Every vaccination done in Anaheim will help to save lives and speed the reopening and recovery of our city.”
Even though Disneyland is not open, at least it’ll be used for something good!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Disney World Theme Park Hours released through November 13th - September 4, 2021
- Disney World Refurb & Closure list for September 2021 - September 4, 2021
- Halloween Time has come to Disneyland - September 3, 2021